R33 GTST SKYLINE - 450+HP BUILD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
F#@K you
I'm working at getting a more door 34 lol

Can't wait
You need a family friendly 4 door saloon car ie toyota chaser and what do you know i've one here for you. Hi that was stroke of luck for you haha. Thats 2 things i need, registration to land for chaser so can get first proper run in it and a 33 lol

Reactions: EP2

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Turbo arrived today, I knew it would be big but wasn't expecting it to be as big as it is lol and it looks smaller in pictures

image.jpg

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Haven't updated this in a while as **** all worth talking about has happened lol.

6boost finally arrived today after being made to spec, and just when it was ready I decided to order a turbo smart wastegate to go with it. So that's a lot of the most expensive bits sorted.

I also decided if I'm going as far as buying a 6boost for it I may as well go all out so sold the Apexi powerFC in favour of a link g4+!
image.jpg

Still a few quid to spend on it but should go a lot quicker now as no manifold held a lot of the work and purchases up

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Great idea on link. I have bought 2 now and would buy another as soon as I have a toy. Ditching the afm is great too. All the z32's are well old by now.
By way link plug in can be got cheaper from newzealand direct

940 quid delivered. Link g4

Last edited:

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Great idea on link. I have bought 2 now and would buy another as soon as I have a toy. Ditching the afm is great too. All the z32's are well old by now.
By way link plug in can be got cheaper from newzealand direct

940 quid delivered. Link g4

Must have a look at that! I'd found them for 1k on the button but it was from a private seller so not sure how that'd work for warranty etc. Must check that out cheers!

This thread has changed a fair bit from us discussing cheap £500 bolt on hybrids a few months ago @Eager @SMURF1 lol

Have you a link (website link lol) @Eager I had a look there and can't only find phone numbers in the link site, no websites to buy from.

Last edited:

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
DSC_0025.JPG

Trial fitted today. Bit more adjustment in the cold side and the hot side needs flipped 180 but couldnt get it to budge tonight. Fits well and can finally get lines ordered and try sort someone to do the downpipe.

@PeteMoore I know you fabricate and have alot to do with mgs etc, would you do something like this or not your forte?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
View attachment 106181

Trial fitted today. Bit more adjustment in the cold side and the hot side needs flipped 180 but couldnt get it to budge tonight. Fits well and can finally get lines ordered and try sort someone to do the downpipe.

@PeteMoore I know you fabricate and have alot to do with mgs etc, would you do something like this or not your forte?

Downpipe in stainless or mild steel? Any good fab guy could knock one up for you, I done my own in mild steel. Depending on the room you have, it can be time consuming!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Downpipe in stainless or mild steel? Any good fab guy could knock one up for you, I done my own in mild steel. Depending on the room you have, it can be time consuming!

Up to whoever is doing the job really,preferably mild but makes little odds. I know a very good welder but id prefer someone car/motorsport orientated as I need the downpipe made, a v band welded to manifold and routed for wastegate, screamer pipe and custom intercooler piping made too.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Remember seeing something about welding v-band and other manifold bits and making sure they don't warp so ye someone that has done Motorsport type things might be best

Reference intercooler piping Bradley done mine. But whoever you do it would be cool if you can fabricate as much as possible into one pipe. Eliminate as many joins and connectors as possible, boost leaks are annoying but you won't notice them as much when you run map sensor on the link,

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM

Lol be plenty more of those when its back out.

Must actually check with 6boost about that and warranty @Eager incase it dies warp etc. Im pretty sure it was supposed to come with the vband flange too but cant remember how I specd it now. Yea was speaking to Bradley thid morning and he said he can do the downpipe for me too, hes going to be lifting a clean fortune from me fs lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
View attachment 106181

Just needing the intercooler pipework done?

Can do the downpipe too, what do you need, V-band onto turbo and then back to the rest of the system?

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Just needing the intercooler pipework done?

Can do the downpipe too, what do you need, V-band onto turbo and then back to the rest of the system?

Turbo is standard 6 bolt fitment, I have a flange here you could cut off and weld to it,or if you fancied converting the turbo to vband that would be a win win lol. But yes,from turbo to system,not really that far. I also need a vband flange welded to my manifold for the external wastegate,and after that is done ill need a screamer pipe with vband for the wastegate. Intercooler piping will be a bit further down the line though.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Great choice on the Link G4+, really great ECU's. And as said, check out NZ-EFI, I got my link plus some sensors and so on for hundreds less than I'd have paid for them in the UK, even after the import and shipping. Plus they have great customer service.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Great choice on the Link G4+, really great ECU's. And as said, check out NZ-EFI, I got my link plus some sensors and so on for hundreds less than I'd have paid for them in the UK, even after the import and shipping. Plus they have great customer service.

Yes ill be getting on to them shortly as I want to get a move on and have it ready for around April.

Did you go for the ecu controlling boost? Ive been advised against that option so now ive to buy another boost controller after selling it thinking the ecu woukd be the better option lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Yes ill be getting on to them shortly as I want to get a move on and have it ready for around April.

Did you go for the ecu controlling boost? Ive been advised against that option so now ive to buy another boost controller after selling it thinking the ecu woukd be the better option lol

Why wouldn't you want the ecu controlling boost?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.