StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Happy Monday, have a roller haha! My phone is full of these pictures!
16027658005_d4a580174d_c.jpg
Looks too low at the back next year I won't let this happen as I've enjoyed having it mega low but gna keep it up just a little

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Passat B6's are not a patch on the B5.5's in terms of reliability, so many problems with them, the parking brake is notorious for failing on them too

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Still have this car as my desktop wallpaper - stunning example!

Nearly went for an Imola yellow one, but couldn't justify the cost to change from the A3 2.0T considering the heavier feel of the quattro and the drive of the S3 sitting std felt quite boring compared to the FWD A3 2.0T despite having the larger turbo and being 60brake up on power...probably would have went for it if I wasn't coming from the A3 though

Last edited:

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Standard S3 is just too tame needed a map straight outta the box to feel like a car so I understand, the FWD Leon with same stage2+ but like more aggressive feels a far quicker car but not necessarily much quick

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wee update collected the THS intercooler from getting some fresh paint, good finish from canavans

Also got a new shorten belt so I could loss the AC motor, rad and pipes

Also may have sorted some new wheels

Last edited:

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Tired to make some progress over Christmas but did really work out too good as the cars in more bits, I fitted up a throttle body pipe like one in picture
image.jpg

Looks like it'll be a while before I test it and the intercooler, the original pipe is pancaked so this should be better,
Then I fitted up a CTS turbo pipe, I'd heard good things but honest couldn't see much different in shapes over the Original part but fitted it up

image.jpg

Also change to a LOBA HPFP from another brand to see if it makes any difference,

Removed the drivers side wing and relocated, charcoal canister return pipe, bonnet cable and bits, I've left the drivers side harness for now
image.jpg

Spare harness cable for colour matching
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 119

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
I've been busy when I look at this thread now lol

The engine bay has changed from before

image.jpg

In primer
image.jpg

Also got some cutting up of the rear arches to widen and some wider front wings
image.jpg

Have other pictures of them in primer on the camera so I'll get them up later

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
@weeloaney
You asked about the wheels so here's some
image.jpg

image.jpg

New rubber time
image.jpg

One of the front wider wings, my garage ain't very big so can't get a good angle
image.jpg

Had the coilovers out to change over to ground control top mounts which are fantastic, here's a comparison with the standard s3 strut
image.jpg

Another set of wheels I got so could build the arches, very tight fit on standard camber and arch
image.jpg

After rear arch widening
image.jpg

New forge radiator paired with the THS intercooler bought painted satin black
image.jpg

Finally got the last bit of the puzzle for the rear brakes, TTRS master cyclinder and R8 rear handbrake calliper
image.jpg

Friend in Germany crazy static MK6
image.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ohhh lovely wheels.

Well if you can't get wheels to fit the car, make the car fit the wheels ;)

This with look awesome with the arches done.

Cracking job