Subaru Impreza STI 330s

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Seen a grey one today in Bangor, think they would look epic with some mods. Was tempted but ringlands scared me off. But if one appeared with a properly forged engine.... Hmmmm.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
44ddec196c6ba886782e0f209f105ce0.jpg

Get rid of the fake carbon roof and vinyl on the splitter and that'd be perfect

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Did you consider "flyeye" for the rears or do you have to get the overlays ? Did you remove the red fog lense before the smoke tint ?

Such a difference , looks great.

Flyeye wouldn't be much use unless you wanted it all dark, I wanted red to help break it all up. Yep fog lense is replaced with subaru USDM reverse light lense for about £50 then big bright red led cluster bulb will thankfully is still bright red even with smoked overlay

Big difference looks good pal. Love seeing how this is progressing. Have you much more planned for it?

Over the moon with difference the overlays made to it. Just the spacers now to fit looks wise, then it'll start on replacing bushes along with anti lift kit, and maybe roll bars if they turn up for decent money

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
@Gambit just read this whole thread the car is looking well (y)

I'll be in touch for some advice as was looking at an STI as a possible next purchase - didn't even know there was a 330s!

What is done to the engine to give it the extra 30 bhp over the STI

@gsmith when are you getting yours in? PM me to keep the thread clean

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@dave b from memory its just a remap from Subaru. In fact if you are getting one get a 09> or a 330s as they have different maps compared to the 08's and early 09's. Subaru provided a remap to help with longevity of the engine however it is a 2.5 so at some stage - cabooom :grinning:

Anyone feel free to correct me but this is what I remember from when I was looking for a 2.5 hatch.

Last edited:

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
What a difference the rear lights make! Hard to believe Subaru let them white yokes out of the factory - horrible things.

Exhausts and lights transform rear of car. Great work.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
@dave b yep @adam1942 has more or less hit the nail on the head, its mainly a remap tho the 330s tho only has 1 cat in the downpipe compared to 2 in normal & PPP sti's

most if not all will have had the dealer map updates that removed the original hardcut rev limiter but there is still the underlying piston ringland problem which is evident in all 2.5's - its all down to service history with them and how theyve been treated - youll see loads of stories of them going bang, but there are plenty of stories of ones running without issue & mapped. its all down to mechanical sympathy in my opinion.

headgasket isnt a problem on the hatches - that was previous newage hawks. the ringland issue is caused by the tight piston tolerances run, and then if thrashed to death non stop the heat causes the ringland fracture

if you find a forged one like i did - then you can thrash it to death (y)

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's just what it needed, when you see the before and after pics you can't help but wonder what were they thinking, looks really well.