Track bike!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Dont know why, but I expected this to be a thread about a wee 125 moped type thing ...... and all the posts to be other people with a leather fetish saying 'HTR mate' etc.

But its fully awesome (y). I know feck all about leather or whips etc, but to my untrained eye that bike looks amazing .... for less than a grand :eek:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Dont run dunlops lol

Always been a Bridgestone man. BT90's on the track bike and R10's on the big bike. Used to run Super Corsa's a few years ago, but I think that Bridgestone changed the game with the R10's. Typical Bridgestone characteristics, rear lets you know when it's gone and the front pushes wide when on its way out. Never ran Dunlops, heard to many storied about having to be pushing them hard all the time to keep them working well.

Hel

RMS Regular
Always been a Bridgestone man. BT90's on the track bike and R10's on the big bike. Used to run Super Corsa's a few years ago, but I think that Bridgestone changed the game with the R10's. Typical Bridgestone characteristics, rear lets you know when it's gone and the front pushes wide when on its way out. Never ran Dunlops, heard to many storied about having to be pushing them hard all the time to keep them working well.

Yeah think the best way to sum it up is that theyre the best tyre ive ever ridden when the conditions are right... but they have to be right :grinning:
Never tried bridgestones on track but would imagine theyre a solid middle ground between pirhelli's and dontruncoldlops.

The dunlops have the added advantage of lasting longer than the most

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Great day at Kirkistown today.
Brilliant weather too.
Got my first run on my 600.
Shame to ruin those shiney Pirellis!:
image.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Thinking of getting paintbox to do the TT legends scheme on the wee track bike.

Any other suggestions?:

tt_legends_cbr_right1.jpg

Hel

RMS Regular
Honestly id say leave it as it is. Its a track bike and youll not want to push to learn if youre worried about a nice paintjob. But its your call :grinning:

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Decided to dicky the wee bike up for the new season (with minimal expenditure!) so Aidy from Paintbox is going to decal it up for me.

Castrol livery the current front runner:
image.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
@viper_biker - was checking her over last night and noticed some of the chain linkages are a bit stiff so a new chain and sprockets wouldn't go amiss.

What chain and front / rear sprocket combo would you recommend for track use? Some say to go a tooth or two bigger on the rear sprocket?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
As it's a track bike I'd look into doing a 520 conversion. It's simply just a 520 pitch chain and sprockets to match and they're usually a few quid cheaper that a 525. Steel JT sprockets are probably the cheapest best quality and any brand chain from DID, Regina, Tsubaki etc are what I'd be buying.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What's stock and like you say either +2 or +3 is grand, but adding teeth can sometimes mean a link or 2 more in the chain, best to go -1 on the front and leave the rear stock.

-1 on the front is about the same as +3 on the rear.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Yeah they're 43 rear and 15 front as standard.

Last edited:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
looks well sir. i take it the front brakes have been upgraded from the looks of it?.. if your doing the trackday on 12 april il pop over and have a looksee and a chat

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
looks well sir. i take it the front brakes have been upgraded from the looks of it?.. if your doing the trackday on 12 april il pop over and have a looksee and a chat

Sorry man, missed this somehow.
Yes the it's had a fireblade front caliper conversion with custom brackets made.
Stops really well!

I'm hoping to get to a few track days this summer for sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.