VW Mk6 Golf GTi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
What's crazy is that I've very rarely seen any MK6 GTI's on the road with the facelift smoked rear lights and finished in candy white

then tonight on the way home from work I spotted one in my lane a few cars up and wasn't sure if it was you or not @pablo as I couldn't remember your reg, when I finally got closer I knew it wasn't you as it was sporting these rims:

Golf_lt_3-L.jpg

She was an Edition 35 - stunning car!! I would be in the market for one if the right one came about, VAG have really upped their game since the Mark V Golf, the MK7 is even better again. I never thought I would consider another Golf, but the recent releases are definitely tempting me...

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
No idea. The wheels also annoy me!

Pablos standard 1 is just perfect on the Monza IIs, it makes the Mk5 look crap though :worried:.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3

I like the wheels although I think they could be a bit bigger to fill the arches more - maybe 19's...

I'm curious now as to what are the performance and cosmetic differences between the MK6 GTI and MK6 Ed 35 GTI...

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
ED35 has the older TFSI engine with K04 turbo so has a bit more power etc. that, wheels and gearknob seem to be it.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3

Pablos standard 1 is just perfect on the Monza IIs, it makes the Mk5 look crap though :worried:.

I agree, although I think the rims that @Ben E bought for his MK5 look awesome and much nicer than Monzas on a MK5

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
ED35 has the older TFSI engine with K04 turbo so has a bit more power etc. that, wheels and gearknob seem to be it.

I don't think that would be enough to make me sway towards An Ed 35 over a typical MK6 GTI, as said by @therock a stage 1 revo gives great gains on the std MK6 GTI. Im sure it would save on paying for that extra premium if that's all the main differences between the two

Last edited:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Different front bumper, R taillights as standard, not sure what else that hasn't been mentioned.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
What's crazy is that I've very rarely seen any MK6 GTI's on the road with the facelift smoked rear lights and finished in candy white

then tonight on the way home from work I spotted one in my lane a few cars up and wasn't sure if it was you or not @pablo as I couldn't remember your reg, when I finally got closer I knew it wasn't you as it was sporting these rims:

Golf_lt_3-L.jpg

She was an Edition 35 - stunning car!! I would be in the market for one if the right one came about, VAG have really upped their game since the Mark V Golf, the MK7 is even better again. I never thought I would consider another Golf, but the recent releases are definitely tempting me...

I've been flicking back to this one for a few days now. Stage 2+ Revo, DSG. Absolute Smasher.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201507014812671/usedcars?logcode=visc

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I think it's well priced for the spec. ED35s go for £15k+ all day long.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Tidy looking motor @pablo no hanging about for sure!

Are you enjoying the more 'everydayness' compared to the 911?

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Is right Ben.

It's steep, but its what they're making atm

Too right it's steep, unless I was adamant I wanted an ED35 for tuneability and really desired the extras I couldn't entertain that price. Although that example is DSG and has all the right engine mods done so it's not like you would have to spend much more on it other than probably tyres as its bound to eat them pushing those figures out!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Tidy looking motor @pablo no hanging about for sure!

Are you enjoying the more 'everydayness' compared to the 911?

the 911 is a weekend garage queen no doubt about it. using it as a daily was dumb, but the only way I could work it so did it to tick the box! The gti is a different kettle of fish. the perfect everyday car just needs a bit more power.

Decided if I map it Im going to do it properly and REVO it. Then it really is done. doesnt need anything else in truth.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
the 911 is a weekend garage queen no doubt about it. using it as a daily was dumb, but the only way I could work it so did it to tick the box! The gti is a different kettle of fish. the perfect everyday car just needs a bit more power.

Decided if I map it Im going to do it properly and REVO it. Then it really is done. doesnt need anything else in truth.

Nice one @pablo when are you booking her in to get Revo'd

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
the DNA of the golf hasnt changed too much blackie since the mk4 imo. sure they got some bells and whistles but underneath they are very similar. I was so tempted to jump at jaslads mk4 R32 but ultimately I wanted something low mile and cheap to run. Ok there is a few quid in buying the mk6 but will hold its money well I think and to be fair I think I done ok pricewise when buying it!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
You could be right because my bro-in-law got a mk5 GT TDI and to be honest mechanically it's not to different from my mk4, actually even spec wise it isn't too different. The only things his has that mine doesn't is AC with the ability of turning the glove box into a fridge, get me home lights and automatic wipers.

In fact he was rather disappointed when he came round to show it off to me and I kept saying "the same in my golf" lol

Admittedly it was nicer to look at and the 6 speed box was a good option. Although 1st felt rather redundant as now sooner had you pressed the throttle you were reaching for 2nd

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.