Ant

RMS Regular
These arrived
grille.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Give it a thorough bath, tar removed, clay bar, compound, polish, and wax. Then polished the exhaust tips, and applied some anachem ultraslick tyre gel. In my opinion photos don't do it justice, but I have zero photography skills.
image.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Drove it 350 miles from Donington to here. The A712 over the galloway hills never fails to impress as a proper driving road. :cool:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Got it lowered and spacers on. Big thanks to @pobmk4 for doing work and also working a Saturday. Top service and gentleman.

To wet and dirty for pictures.

Good to meet you today, pictures would do this no justice. That car is absolutely stunning in the flesh! Such a pleasure To be fitting spring on a car with no seized or rusted bolts.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Good to meet you today, pictures would do this no justice. That car is absolutely stunning in the flesh! Such a pleasure To be fitting spring on a car with no seized or rusted bolts.
Same to you bud. Thank god I didn't bring my old b7 a4 to you or you would've been putting my name into things that annoy your head thread lol. Thanks again.(y)(y)

Ant

RMS Regular
New grills look class but what's the craic with the double plate holders ??

kept coming unstuck using those bits of tape/pad...got fed up buying them, friend had that spare so screwed that one onto the other and then the plate clicks into it lol
I'll maybe buy some 3M stuff off ebay try it again, i'm not the most patient.

bought replacement pedals, was trying to fit the dead pedal (which google told me is velcroed in with 3 push pins), after 10mins of trying to get some sort of hold on it to pry it and just about to lever a screwdriver behind it in a rage at what must be the strongest velcro known to man, I got a tapatalk notification telling me "there's a flap about halfway up with a bolt behind it"

This is why i don't do anything involving the important bits on cars :laughing:

Ant

RMS Regular
he lied there's no flap/bolt, no idea what this is stuck down with but it will not budge, and not in a decent place to try and lever it either, feck all room to maneuver

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
image.jpg
image.jpg
Finally got around to fitting the CD player I bought last Christmas lol while I was at it I re wired the tein edfc controller as it didn't work after I got a lot of the unnecessary wiring took away ( air bag stuff )

Arrange a time this week to get the 6 new coil packs and plugs fitted so I can hit Bishopscourt next week and aim for a 12 second pass :grinning:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Must be the most minor thing on this thread but I'm pleased with it. Previous owner had managed to chip the chrome coating off the handbrake button. Although only cosmetic it still bothered me coz it something I noticed everytime I got in the car (obviously taking the handbrake off) and it actually sliced my hand at one point and drawing blood ! Googled how to remove button (just get pliers and yank it) , sanded it , primed it , Gloss black Halfords paint , back on next day.

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
Up on stands, pulled the rocker covers, removed the rockers one side and measured the valve heights to check for any valve seat movement. Tomorrow will do the other side, then its on to retarding the cam timing. DD3 prep!!

image.jpg

Ant

RMS Regular
new pedals, battery, pollen filter and a can of the minty aircon cleaner stuff