Whats your favourite sleeper?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
This-ish.

turbo1.jpg

Just the 485bhp, 300 more than you'd be expecting.

windyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
206 & Transit
I don't if you's would class this as a sleeper but I saw a Volvo 960 the other day, it looked just like a normal car and had standard Volvo alloys and no spolier or anything else... apart from the "2.5 24 valve" badge on the back

I few years ago in Orlando we had a Dodge Town & Country MPV (the US version of the new Chrysler Grand Voyager), it was a big lump of a 7 seater with no badge's on the back to indicate engine size etc but one day I opened the bonnet to fill up the water bottle and saw that "3.3L V6" was stamped into the top of the engine, so the next time a had a bit of clear road I planted it and boy could it shift when it wanted too !!!

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I cant believe people (on car forum!) don't understand what a sleeper is lol

Surley a sleeper is a car whos performance would suprise anyone upto and including a petrol head if they met it on the road?!?!

As for Joe Public not knowing what an M5 is - that doesnt make the M5 a sleeper, that just highlights Joe Public's ignorance..

PhilM

RMS Regular
I cant believe people (on car forum!) don't understand what a sleeper is lol

Surley a sleeper is a car whos performance would suprise anyone upto and including a petrol head if they met it on the road?!?!

As for Joe Public not knowing what an M5 is - that doesnt make the M5 a sleeper, that just highlights Joe Public's ignorance..

Oh, lets start this again sure.
facepalm.gif

mr loaf liked my post on page 6, therefore anything he says is gold.

Phil

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I believe there is a difference in sleepers and Q cars, don't class them together.

I don't believe a production car from factory can be a sleeper.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I believe there is a difference in sleepers and Q cars, don't class them together.

I don't believe a production car from factory can be a sleeper.

Surley a Mazda 6 mps *or what ever they are) can be a sleeper?
Boring looking family saloon with 260bhp on tap?

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
I don't believe it is as it was built by Mazda to be the car it is, anyone could have walked into Mazda and bought one. To me this is a sleeper

9f1e5720.jpg

A few points about that Fiesta make me uncomfortable about calling it a sleeper. I'll start with the two minor ones - it is wearing a Zetec S kit and alloys, when it would be more discrete with the standard bumpers, no skirts and steel wheels. The next point is a massive one for me: a sleeper just can't have an after market FMIC in full view of the public. That needs to be matt black and hidden behind grilles. I'm not criticising the car or saying that the owner wanted it to be a sleeper but I feel that obvious, big intercooler won't cut it in the true sleeper stakes.

I'd drive it though. ;)

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The next point is a massive one for me: a sleeper just can't have an after market FMIC in full view of the public. That needs to be matt black and hidden behind grilles. I'm not criticising the car or saying that the owner wanted it to be a sleeper but I feel that obvious, big intercooler won't cut it in the true sleeper stakes.

I'd drive it though. ;)

b62d4677.jpg

Like he did later on

EP82JM

RMS Regular
That fiesta is definately a sleeper,no doubt about it. I like to think of my metro as a sleeper,230bhp per tonne. Still a metro though lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.