Whats your favourite sleeper?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
That has a 5efhte Putting out 400+ hp, with only a little map on it.

480 per ton :grinning: and that was at 1.6bar its now at 2bar+ but not dyno'd

Phil

Where the **** does that live!! You'd think something like that would be the talk of the car world lol,sounds epic mate fair play! I'm building a 300 BPT metro and I thought it was fairly mental,that starlets ridiculous!

PhilM

RMS Regular
Where the **** does that live!! You'd think something like that would be the talk of the car world lol,sounds epic mate fair play! I'm building a 300 BPT metro and I thought it was fairly mental,that starlets ridiculous!

Danish car that one, there is always something faster/someone with more money lol

Your metro sounds like fun for sure!

Phil

Cess

RMS Staff
I'm not sure what I want more. That mad V8 Fordson Major, or this:

PHBikeEngineFiat126_04.jpg

A Yamaha powered Fiat 126

PHBikeEngineFiat126_12-L.jpg

Full feature: http://www.pistonheads.com/features/default.asp?storyId=25093

Bab-91

RMS Member
Drives
e30 resto
Has this not been mentioned!!?

BMW E28 M5. At its launch, the E28 M5 was the fastest production sedan in the world and unlike the Lotus Carlton, you won't look like a massive pleb.

7906_1024.jpg

Bab-91

RMS Member
Drives
e30 resto
But that's an M5 not a sleeper!!! Of course it's going to be fast if you were behind it you would see that it's an M5 I think some people don't grasp the aspect of a sleeper

Of course its a sleeper/ Q car you wet chinned fool.

The badge does not remove the fact that it was a 300bhp saloon car!!!

The entire idea of a Q car or sleeper car is the unassuming exterior.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Of course its a sleeper/ Q car you wet chinned fool.

The badge does not remove the fact that it was a 300bhp saloon car!!!

The entire idea of a Q car or sleeper car is the unassuming exterior.

I think I'd tend to agree here, remove the badges and a layman would be none the wiser with that styling.

Tbh, I'd be none the wiser myself.

Chris0

RMS Regular
I wouldnt classify a m5 as a sleeper imo surely that e28 m5 will have other trim and interior bits that are different to other e28s

Bab-91

RMS Member
Drives
e30 resto
I wouldnt classify a m5 as a sleeper imo surely that e28 m5 will have other trim and interior bits that are different to other e28s

By the logic of 'M5 badges' and different trim then NO production car can be a sleeper/ Q car which is ridiculous!!

but opinions are like ass....

Anyway, for the purpose of being unbiased here's some references that support the e28 m5 as a Q car (old habits die hard).

http://www.classicheroes.co.uk/the-collection/189/1987-bmw-e28-m5
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/290164/bmw_m5_e28_iconic_cars.html
http://jalopnik.com/why-the-original-bmw-m5-is-still-a-sleeper-demon-511196246

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
twincam
A sleeper is a base spec car with a bigger engine fitted an M5 was a production car not a sleeper we'r in northern Ireland and no one has mentioned q plates so don't bring that into it either just because you don't know what a sleeper is!!!!!!

Bab-91

RMS Member
Drives
e30 resto
A sleeper is a base spec car with a bigger engine fitted an M5 was a production car not a sleeper we'r in northern Ireland and no one has mentioned q plates so don't bring that into it either just because you don't know what a sleeper is!!!!!!

A sleeper (US English) or Q-car (British English) is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior...

Lee

RMS Regular
Can't see how a Lotus Carlton would make you look like a massive pleb. Anyway a Lotus Carlton is not a sleeper either so why mention it. Many exterior differences and badging, not to mention the noise, give it away.

Just the same as people will expect an M5 to have an M5 engine, and therefore M5 capabilities.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182

So you keep saying but an M5 is still an M5 but a 325i with a v8 is a sleeper

You talk some balls. An M5 may still be an M5, but its a car not a lot of people know about. I had a 306 GTi-6, its was still a GTi-6 but without the badges, looked exactly like a Dturbo, caught people out. An M5 is similar in trim to the rest setting aside a splitter. So with 300bhp, id say its well worth the sleeper status

On a side note That 325 has a 280bhp v8 from an E39, the weight plus the tiny amount of HP won't make that quick.

Would have been better with a 3.0 M3 engine.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
twincam
A car that not a lot of people know about!!!! Hahahahahaha your the one talking balls everyone knows about M5's unless they live under a rock

Bab-91

RMS Member
Drives
e30 resto
A car that not a lot of people know about!!!! Hahahahahaha your the one talking balls everyone knows about M5's unless they live under a rock

So 3 different journalists say the M5 is.... but your right?

The M5 is a badge, a marketing brand for a saloon car with high performance (So is a sleeper).

Owner modified-cars is just one category of sleeper/Q cars.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.