Who is the most hated on the road?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I actually had a reply written about a Skoda Superb Elegance being a perfect example of a car as good as the equivalent Audi, but then decided I couldn't be arsed getting drawn in to the handbag fest.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I cannot imagine a particular brand or model of car affecting me so much that I would want to either ridicule or defend the entire marque so vehemently.

Except Nissans obviously. God's very own drift missile ...... I'm nearly sure it says that in the bible somewhere.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
I cannot imagine a particular brand or model of car affecting me so much that I would want to either ridicule or defend the entire marque so vehemently.

Except Nissans obviously. God's very own drift missile ...... I'm nearly sure it says that in the bible somewhere.

Plus Nissan was the first Japanese car to have a curry hook lol.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
As said each to their own. People prefer Audis whereas my brother loves Vauxhalls. I love my Accord which has a whopping 0 toys, no blue tooth, no wee charger for your coffee cup, no tv screen in the dash. But I do enjoy driving it as it does what a car needs to do and does it well. But because your Audi was 10k> more than my Accord doesn't give you the privilege to drive like a cock, park like a cock and just in general be a cock like a lot of them do!

PhilM

RMS Regular
audi-drivers-audi-driver-test-demotivational-poster-1266403783.jpg

Be tarred you fools.

Phil

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Im not saying ALL. I'm saying A LOT.lol. Also goes for more makes of cars. But the certain social status you now gain when buying certain cars is embarrassing. I get labelled as a boy racer when I say Type R. But I knew I was going to get tarred when I bought the car

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Never in my entire life have I had to justify why I've bought something to anyone other than myself, likewise it's never bothered me what anyone else buys either.

I dunno what's worse, thinking your Audi is the best car on the road, or feeling the need to justify why you bought a Mondeo instead.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
Never in my entire life have I had to justify why I've bought something to anyone other than myself, likewise it's never bothered me what anyone else buys either.

I dunno what's worse, thinking your Audi is the best car on the road, or feeling the need to justify why you bought a Mondeo instead.

I think you will find I was offering a comparrison not attempting justification. But thank you for sharing your lack of opinion on the subject with your opinion.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
If true, really don't know upon what basis Audi drivers could consider themselves special.

In my anecdotal experience, there are some particular cars which when they reach a certain age, seem to be popular amongst scummy, rougish blokes in their 30s-40s. These include for example, Vectra, Bora, and increasingly now Audi A4. If you don't believe me, take a drive up the Falls Road.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I would say BMW for sure.

Anyone who sits in the fast lane on the motorway, driving slower than the cars to the left of them. 8astards.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
doesn't matter what you drive a ballbag is always a ballbag. Thankfully having a camera on board means I can record said ballbags.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
On the topic of Audis, a neighbour of ours just bought a brand new Q3 from Audi Belfast (the posh, self satisfied p***k that he is).

S-Line with loads of extras.

£28,000. Couldn't believe it.

That's bloody Vauxhall Insignia money!

Sort of dispels the whole premium stigma.

An honest working man's car after all... ;)

Last edited:

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Jesus Christ some amount of chips on peoples shoulders goin on in this thread. If ye think an Audi is a posh VW then buy yourself a VW and be done with it. And for anyone that genuinely believes that Audi drivers have a set personality/mentality...catch yourself on.

From my own experiences I cant honestly say that any one particular brand or model of car is more annoying than any other, other than perhaps the Vectra. I have noticed an increase in the amount of BMW 5 series e60s flyin about, compared to a few years ago (complete with the fog light and side light combo). They must be moving into chav chariot money now.

davey21

RMS Regular
People who are determined to remain in the fast lane in slow cars which can t accelerate quick enough when traffic clears etc.

Reactions: C4L

pablo

RMS Moderator
I agree but I will still use them instead of getting in the way of traffic.
The cycle lane on the road I'm talking about is fine as its part of the footpath and extra wide, probably the best cycle lane in Northern Ireland that never gets used.

Cheers

@RoniN
I wouldnt cycle on that cycle path. its covered in rubbish flicked off the road and you have to slow for every entrance into shanes castle etc. Sorry but Ill just blat up the main road at 20mph instead. If a car comes up behind me Ill tuck into the kerb and give it plenty of room to pass.

cycle lanes are for tourists and kids, not for proper cyclists.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
On the topic of Audis, a neighbour of ours just bought a brand new Q3 from Audi Belfast (the posh, self satisfied p***k that he is).

S-Line with loads of extras.

£28,000. Couldn't believe it.

That's bloody Vauxhall Insignia money!

Sort of dispels the whole premium stigma.

A honest working man's car after all... ;)

He meant 28k a month for two years.

Reactions: C4L
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.