Who is the most hated on the road?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The cycle lanes are generally full of rocks, glass and rubbish :worried:

RoniN

RMS Regular
The cycle lanes are generally full of rocks, glass and rubbish :worried:

I agree but I will still use them instead of getting in the way of traffic.
The cycle lane on the road I'm talking about is fine as its part of the footpath and extra wide, probably the best cycle lane in Northern Ireland that never gets used.

Cheers

james123

RMS Regular
Most hated on the road for me,

Pedestrians who walk out into the road because they think you should stop for them.

Cyclists with no road manners but especially any cyclist that cycles from Antrim out past the army barracks to the Randlestown motorway roundabout and doesn't use the cycle path/lane which is all of them. I wish you all a painful death. Some Saturday/Sunday morning when I'm trying to get past I will crack and this will be the result.
1298914487_car-plows-through-cyclists.gif

Tractor drivers who don't pull in even with 4 miles of tailbacks behind them.

Van, lorry and bus drivers in general as you drive a bigger vehicle than most and think you own the road.

Taxis drivers, again as you think you own the road.

Motorcyclists with no road manners.

Car drivers with no road manners.

Cheers

Buses and Lorry's especially Ar tics need too take up more road too complete maneuvers anyone with a C license or C&E will understand, then again i have nearly been wiped out on a few occasions by Ulsterbus drivers.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I am in no way the best driver on the road. But spending minimum of 50 a week on it driving lorries I see all sorts of atrocious driving. And the amount of people who are abusive when I toot or flash. (It takes alot to make me do this too) just last week a man cut me up on nutts corner roundabout and stopped dead on the road off it when I tooted. He got out and asked what my ****ing problem was. So I calmly got out and pointed out that he had cut across 2 lanes and chevrons, narrowly missing me. He was very apologetic. (Helps being 6'2 and near 20st)

RoniN

RMS Regular
Buses and Lorry's especially Ar tics need too take up more road too complete maneuvers anyone with a C license or C&E will understand, then again i have nearly been wiped out on a few occasions by Ulsterbus drivers.

I have a C and E licence but taking up more of the road to get the cut is not what I was talking about :p

I am in no way the best driver on the road. But spending minimum of 50 a week on it driving lorries I see all sorts of atrocious driving. And the amount of people who are abusive when I toot or flash. (It takes alot to make me do this too) just last week a man cut me up on nutts corner roundabout and stopped dead on the road off it when I tooted. He got out and asked what my ****ing problem was. So I calmly got out and pointed out that he had cut across 2 lanes and chevrons, narrowly missing me. He was very apologetic. (Helps being 6'2 and near 20st)

Nutts Corner roundabout makes me laugh, how do people get it so wrong it's clearly marked out !!!

Cheers

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Nutts Corner roundabout makes me laugh, how do people get it so wrong it's clearly marked out !!!

Cheers

I live near it and use it umpteen time every day. I travel up the main Moira road round to the Belfast road back to the work depot every afternoon. The lane you take looks wrong and feels wrong driving round in it. But it's the lay out of the road and therefore the law. I've actually had someone follow me into the depot to report me for taking it wrong and causing them to "take evasive action" . Our manager took them down to it again and make a ****er out of them. I have stopped some nights when out for a cycle and watched it for a bit. Some of the driving is unbelievable.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I drive that route every day up the airport rd to Nutts Corner...honestly, ya would swear some people have got their licence in a lucky dip ffs... you really wouldn't believe the b*ll-ends you see day in, day out driving along that road.

Feckin tractors along that road as well. Ballb*gs...let the traffic build up, look in your mirror and its a mile long, tractor driver bouncing along given zero consideration.

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
@T66 DNP the tractors just after Glenavy, Nutts Corner bound, they do my bangers in. And the man closer to the stockcar track who walks his cattle up the road at around 9.45am and 17.30 is a hateful *****!

I also meet a old woman who pulls out infront of you at the leckey road from the prison. In a grey honda jazz. She'll sit at 60 on a open road. Then when oncoming traffic comes she'll slow down to 35/40 and move over to the hard shoulder. Then when there's space big enough for me to pass in the lorry she speeds up and moves onto the white line! I've met her a good few times

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Nutters corner does my head in, most of the drivers seem to have been just released from Muckamore.

Heading towards the Airport is an obstacle course with people parked on the hard shoulder waiting for the 'I've arrived' phone call, they then pull out onto the road with no consideration whatsoever. I've been nearly written off along there a few times.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Women driving people carriers, crazy bitches.

Specers, enough said

Old farts who drive too slow for the conditions and never let you out etc. at junctions when they always are let out by people feeling sorry for them

people in DLA Nissan Quashquais (sp)

People who cannot use motorways with regards to lane discipline

406 drivers (I am one )

1.4 civic drivers thinking their car is fast because it has the bap bap

twin cam drivers.

Farmers and their ****ing ***** isuzu jeeps with the brake lights on the bumper shower of *******s the lot of them

tractors who never pull over if they're creating a massive tailback, ****s

Probably more but that is all I can think of right now

PhilM

RMS Regular
People in the outside lane sitting at 70 thinking I'm not moving over cos you're breaking the law if you want to pass- well I do, every time- on the inside. Dicks

Undertaking. Nice.

3 points and £60 fine minimum.

It is an odd one though.

Speeding is punishable
Travelling in the right hand lane wrong also
Undertaking similarly so.

So in a situation where nobody is really getting things right it's hard to point the finger precisely.

Only that we demonise speeding in this country it would be clear cut elsewhere that the lane hogging hippy is the person creating the problem. With him or her in their correct lane there is no problem.

Phil

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
BMWs that think they own the road

Just this evening as I waited in Ards at a petrol station...
double pumps, rear one taken by a 206, front one clear. i went towards the free one but the girl for the 206 came back just then and got in. So I reversed up a little, rather than swing in at an angle and block her for the sake of 10seconds. So a white F10/F30 (new 3 series muck) sails past me on the inside, between 206 and far side customer and waps into the space. So 206 girl is stuck, has to reverse out to get space to creep between this smouldering pile of white goods the driver has just abandoned, and takes her over a minute to manouever clear.
Best craic? The tool wasn't even getting fuel.

So that's the people that get to me. Idiots that haven't the capability to be courteous, careful or considerate.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Must admit. On approach to nuttscorner roundabout from antrim. 2 lanes on approach are a bit weird. Were it splits again. Marking in it is a bit crazy too. Someone def over complicated it

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Oh yeh. Buckets of sheite diesels that owners use the word 'stance'. I can think of a more accurate word, ruined

Sweet Fantastic

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche Cayman S
Drivers who:

• Stay in the right hand lane 'cos they are turning right 4 miles down the road (Belfast Bangor A2)
  • Stay in the right hand lane 'cos its a comfort thing mebee? (Belfast Bangor A2)
  • Middle lane @ a constant 50 mph (Motorways over here are populated by these)
  • None indicating at roundabouts.
  • None indicating generally.
  • Daytime "fairy" lights.
  • Fog lights on 'cos he aint got any "fairy" lights.
  • Driving with headlights on 'cos its drizzling/cloudy.
I thank you.......!! (where's me tablets!!)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hate is a strong word, however I strongly dislike those who cruise about in their new DLA car with a smug look on their face & then go on to boast they bought it and you know full well there is nothing actually wrong with them.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Drivers who:

• Stay in the right hand lane 'cos they are turning right 4 miles down the road (Belfast Bangor A2)
  • Stay in the right hand lane 'cos its a comfort thing mebee? (Belfast Bangor A2)
  • Middle lane @ a constant 50 mph (Motorways over here are populated by these)
  • None indicating at roundabouts.
  • None indicating generally.
  • Daytime "fairy" lights.
  • Fog lights on 'cos he aint got any "fairy" lights.
  • Driving with headlights on 'cos its drizzling/cloudy.
I thank you.......!! (where's me tablets!!)

Those "fairy" lights do look like s*it. And to think people laughed at volvos years ago because you couldn't turn the side lights off, at least they didn't look like you had cheap chinese christmas decorations stuffed into your headlights or glued to your front bumper. Wtf is it all about, is it supposed to be a safety feature? Car manufacturers are definitely running out of ideas with all this tacky crap.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
**SPECIAL PEOPLE**

1) Those special people who have one of those park anywhere buttons in their car (known to normal people as the hazard light switch). This seemingly allows the owner to stop anywhere they like while conducting what must be life saving instruction to someone via a mobile phone call.

2) Those special people who in their opinion have a really nice car or a car they have spent a few pound on who now believe that the world and everyone in it should make extra room for them. These people can often be found parked over 2 spaces in your local supermarket car park.

3) Those special people who have "2 in the pink 1 in the stink" style stickers on the car, if this is you then you may not have realized yet but your a tool.

4) Those special people who think that having a diesel car making a whoosh sound is cool, its not. These people also usually suffer from point 3.

5) Those special people that drive a VW Bora, they tend to suffer from points 3 & 4, no known cure has yet been found.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.