Who is the most hated on the road?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Well this gave me a good laugh after a difficult day at the office lol When i left the thread it was one page, now its on the 6th page... i just love the hate oosing from this thread, its unreal and just about every type of road user has been covered.

The reasoning behind the thread was to see what people perceived to be the most hated car drivers on the road. The more i think of it, im not really bothered, if people choose to be aggressive to me just because im in an Audi then it just makes them look like a d**k. I pay my taxes the same as the next person does and i've every right to be on the road as they do. Because im in whats perceived to be a c*cks car doesnt mean i'll be following a stereotype. Every Audi driver i have come across recently has been very courteous to me on the road.

So what grinds my gears? Its simple.

Bicycles cycling 2 or 3 abreast accross the road causing a traffic jam
Motorbikes flying down past me when im sitting in traffic
Buses pulling out in front of me
Taxis lane hopping
BMWs that think they own the road
Elderly people in very small cars going 20mph everywhere

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
The reasoning behind the thread was to see what people perceived to be the most hated car drivers on the road. The more i think of it, im not really bothered, if people choose to be aggressive to me just because im in an Audi then it just makes them look like a d**k. I pay my taxes the same as the next person does and i've every right to be on the road as they do. Because im in whats perceived to be a c*cks car doesnt mean i'll be following a stereotype. Every Audi driver i have come across recently has been very courteous to me on the road.

The most blatant "look at me, I drive an Audi" post ever.

Thanks for letting us know. We now have confirmation that Audi drivers are dicks.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Well this gave me a good laugh after a difficult day at the office lol When i left the thread it was one page, now its on the 6th page... i just love the hate oosing from this thread, its unreal and just about every type of road user has been covered.

So what grinds my gears? Its simple.

Bicycles cycling 2 or 3 abreast accross the road causing a traffic jam
Taxis lane hopping
BMWs that think they own the road
Elderly people in very small cars going 20mph everywhere
What wrong with motorbikes flying past you

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
The most blatant "look at me, I drive an Audi" post ever.

Thanks for letting us know. We now have confirmation that Audi drivers are dicks.
No lol im not like that, if my car had a skoda badge on it i'd still be happy :grinning:

corsacj

RMS Regular
Brennan is the most hated on the road ;)

For me, its cocks that dont look before they turn out. Goes hand in hand with people driving or towing **** that shouldnt even be parked within 50ft of a road its that ropey.

Example of both of the above yesterday in belfast, fella pulled out infront of me on my way to boucher rd, was pissing it down outside and he pulled out with a ropey arse trailer with 2 sets of lights on it, neither working, and no plate. He pulled out when I was about 5m away, I slid to a hault inches before hitting said ropey arse trailer. Was ****ing fuming. Second time that day someone had pulled out infront of me, first was a R plater who pulled out from brackenvale station into the belfast bound side, didnt look, pulled into the central reservation, hesitated then swerved out right infront of me, anyone with common sense would have went into the empty lane but he had to swing out infront of me and nearly cause a crash.

So yeah, anyone with their eyes painted on. Regardless of motor.

PhilM

RMS Regular
Brennan your def the most hated on the road. lol

Bicycles cycling 2 or 3 abreast across the road causing a traffic jam

This is an impossibility. (and i genuinely HATE cyclists/cycling)

If its rural, then a traffic jam it is not.
if its urban, the the traffic jam is definitely not caused by them.

Its permitted and doesn't affect your journey surely.

Its permitted (or rather you are to allow them out in front of you, Highway code 223 or whatever)

And i hate people holding me up unnecessarily !

but your right about the BMW drivers (especially e90 3series :grinning: )

Phil

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Have to say, this thread has given me a good laugh today as well. So much hatred, while the the said commentators are perfect road users lol

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
People who assume your letting them out just because you have stopped before the yellow crossed box. And they give a wee wave and all to say thank-you. Then they proceed to sit in the yellow box for 5 more minutes until the traffic clears. Happens in Lurgan frequently.

The same happens me regularly in belfast city center. Even when traffic lights are involved.

"Ohhhh, my lights red, but this young fella has stopped, so he must be letting me on out..."

Andddd they're stuck in a yellow box further blocking everyone.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
EP3 drivers! And their necessity to race anything from corsa's to Lamborghini's. Especially now I drive an Accord type r they just seem to think I'm going to race around Lisburn city centre. Tossers

Bring on the abuse

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
People in the outside lane sitting at 70 thinking I'm not moving over cos you're breaking the law if you want to pass- well I do, every time- on the inside. Dicks

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
He would prefer them to stay on the ground where they belong.....
Screenshot_2014-06-15-09-52-16.png

RoniN

RMS Regular
Most hated on the road for me,

Pedestrians who walk out into the road because they think you should stop for them.

Cyclists with no road manners but especially any cyclist that cycles from Antrim out past the army barracks to the Randlestown motorway roundabout and doesn't use the cycle path/lane which is all of them. I wish you all a painful death. Some Saturday/Sunday morning when I'm trying to get past I will crack and this will be the result.
1298914487_car-plows-through-cyclists.gif

Tractor drivers who don't pull in even with 4 miles of tailbacks behind them.

Van, lorry and bus drivers in general as you drive a bigger vehicle than most and think you own the road.

Taxis drivers, again as you think you own the road.

Motorcyclists with no road manners.

Car drivers with no road manners.

Cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.