WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Would love to see Solberg back but at the same time I would be surprised if he did get back in.

Must be the legacy of Loeb dominating for so long that we are looking back at the last driver to win a championship before him.

Spain in 2 weeks time for me, Im like a kid before christmas :grinning:

Sam.

RMS Regular
He beat a works supported peugeot team this year, in what was essentially a private citroen. Point proved. Saying that, if he didn't get manufacturer support for global RX, would he take a works rally drive instead? I dunno. But it must break the bank trying to run your own team in either disipline.
Perhaps he just wants to go wherever will run him as a works driver. Funding PSWRT for 3 years in WRC couldn't have been cheap either.

Just seen that he's competing in Race Of Champions, could be interesting if he goes head to head with Ogier/Latvala.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Clark seemed to infer that Rallycross was too easy for Solberg, hence the return to WRC rumours. However, Clark aslo said that if Grondholm, Villeneuve or people of that ilk were to enter Rallycross next year, there would be no question of Solberg leaving, as he'd want to beat them.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just caught the Rally France on ITV player.

Great result for Jari, even if he did get some help from the Gods :grinning:

Another good one for Chris. Still out of contract for next year? Would be a real shame if he was not able to continue, but I guess he would not be the first talent without enough funding to miss out...

Must take a special kind of bravery to be co-driver for Kubica :p The man must be made of gold, paying for a drive and crashing out in every event (usually more than once), and still have a drive :-#

Kind of makes you loose faith a bit...

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Kinda thought that WRC events are a bit on the short side these days, so when hunting for info. Genuinelly surprised to learn that the Donegal International at around 300km isn't that far off the length of Rally De France Alasce or Catalunya.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bring back the Safari Rally :grinning:

Or even the RAC rally!

Or the jungle rallies with the Quattros, there is a brilliant YouTube somewhere of Michelle Mouton. Unreal.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Once he worked out Irish tar @davecoupe! Still one of my favourite moments in Irish rallying. Multiple world champion 5th after SS1 - behind Mark Higgins, Kevin Lynch and some 17 year old called Andreas Mikkelsen. Then Citroen flew in new dampers, raised the ride height and off into the distance he went.

Future Rally Irelands were ruled out for two reasons:

1) Apparently Ireland wasn't an important enough car market for the manufacturers
2) No commercial sponsor to make it viable.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah don't think it'll be back for a long time unless they start fitting 1.9 tdi motors to the polo wrc's and have them competing with diesel golf's, fabia's, ibiza's and a3's.. :p
At least that would be representative of ireland's car market. Oh yeah and corolla diesel van wrc's if it's down south..;)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally 4h4 hours ago
Rumour is @Petter_Solberg will do @WalesRallyGB in a 2wd car. But which one? Only possible car to match his talents is the @Tuthill_Porsche!

Sam.

RMS Regular
Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally 4h4 hours ago
Rumour is @Petter_Solberg will do @WalesRallyGB in a 2wd car. But which one? Only possible car to match his talents is the @Tuthill_Porsche!
His mk2?
Tuthill RGT would be cool though (y)

KevM

RMS Regular
I just seen the updates for Spain on WRC.com and got to thinking.... Wonder if Kubica has ever crashed/rolled while doing a recce? Law of averages tells me he likely has....

I had a quick chuckle to myself at the thought, & then I got curious, & very quickly found this..... :rolleyes:

Rally Mexico: Kubica crashed on Recce Day
While writing the roadbook, Robert Kubica had a unfortunate accident in his Recce Volvo S60. He crashed into a oncoming car and damaged the Volvos rear, which lead to AWD failure. Kubica had to switch from the modified S60 to a bone stock car, which had trouble making it through the tough stages. The suspension simply wasn't up to it, and on the last 40km, power steering failed as well.

AND this... lol

BkIyf3TIIAAXocv.jpg

o dear/dear me

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.