1988 Porsche 924S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
@pablo and I are planning another day at the car on Sunday, which will be sorting some blown fuses, some wiring and a bit of painting.

In advance of that I thought I'd give it a quick bath. Nothing fancy, just a lot of TFR, snow foam and a good power hose. Needs compounded badly as the paint is all flat, faded and swirly>

Used some 50cal samples that @Morgan@50cal kindly sent our shop recently, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with their Frontline Pre-Wash Cleanser and also their snow foam

Here are some pics.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Spent a few hours on the car today, unsurprisingly most of the work being done by Mr Ed China aka @pablo !

Rear number plate lights, blow heater, sunroof and boot release all now fixed thanks to Pablo!

Painted the front valance, rear boot area, a couple of the arches etc after sanding and priming them last week. Used some Liquid Wrap/Plasti-Dip to do the rear quarter window surrounds that were all peeling away.

Car is far from mint, but it's definitely looking significantly better than it was. Still haven't managed to fix the rear fog light or the broken speedo, so I'm going to take it to a local mechanic this who's handy with this sort of thing. MOT on Monday 4th August. Would a broken speedo be a MOT fail??

Some pics:

@pablo hard at work:

Happy man....

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Now we need to think up some ideas to decorate the car for the Rusty Nuts Rally!

Jonny

RMS Regular
Pablo still has my buff. If you guys need any more compound or pads you're welcome to drop in on the way by and pick up whatever you need.
She's looking well boys :laughing:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
It's been posted before but that would be awesome.

dsc00773_resize.jpg

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
Diff welded up yet ?
I don't think that would be remotely straight forward, these things run a transaxle, I.e. The gearbox and diff are one complete unit in the rear. I suspect that's why they arnt so popular with the orange cone brigade...

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
We're not welding the diff, it's not just straight forward as @pedenjohn pointed out.

It's getting the rear fog light and speedo fixed this afternoon, then I'm going to try and get a cancellation this week...otherwise MOT is Monday! :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.