F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
^o)Its strange then that lewis would say speak to toto to confirm that nico did say it was done on purpose..

C4L

RMS Regular
Jeez... talk about basics:

A racing incident is when 2 cars/bikes come together due to situations beyond both drivers control and it isn't either drivers fault OR if both drivers are equally at blame due to whatever the situation.

A driving error is compromising someone elses race due to their own mistake, be it taking someone out or unfairly running them off the track or clipping their tyre puncturing it ruining their race.

Literally nearly every race weekend you see someone loosing their endplate on someones rear, the other car typically ends up with a puncture and a mile behind and the offender gets a drive through or stop go, its standard practise, disbelief Nico got away with considering it was a very amateur mistake...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Mercedes leadership have confirmed Lewis' version.

Nico backtracking in public is hardly a surprise... :-#

C4L

RMS Regular
It was a racing incident.

Hamilton took the line, Nico fully came off the throttle to give him the apex and squirted the throttle to get under his wing again. I think he slightly misjudged it and hit him. To even suggest it was deliberate is madness, it was completely his fault though.

I also get his point about Nico asserting his dominance on the track....he has been avoiding hamolton's brakes locked up dives up the inside for the whole start of the season.

what? lol

it wasn't a racing incident... one driver was clearly at fault (not to mention said he did it on purpose which is ridiculous).

and to get it straight you think Nico was justified trying to assert his dominance by deliberately clipping him? lol I'd love to know what racing you have been watching but the one real occasion they have been racing hard at each other was bahrain and it was lewis avoiding nico, not to mention a switch back and beating him each time fairly and squarely...

I understand different people will be supporters of one of the other but frig me lol you cant think he is right in driving into him to 'assert his dominance', even toto wolf and niki lauda etc are ripping lol

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Short memories senna, Schumacher, hunt and many more drivers have done the same thing. Suck it up Lewis and get on with it.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
The Mercedes leadership have confirmed Lewis' version.

Nico backtracking in public is hardly a surprise... :-#

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28925460

from this article:

'Wolff insisted the meaning of Rosberg's comments during a private team meeting after the race had been misinterpreted.'

If Nico admitted he deliberately took out his championship rival he would be all but finished in F1 as a prospect for the big teams, and think about it for a minute if you were dastardly enough to do that and get away with it then why publicly admit it and jeopardize your future in the sport? Doesn't make any sense imo.

This was imo, uncharacteristic driving from an overly eager racer, lewis has the edge on the wheel to wheel stuff between the two of them as we have seen earlier in the season and perhaps this forced Nico into pushing too hard, it is racing after all and the stakes dont get higher than F1 world championship

stevyg

RMS Regular
Of course Mercedes will pipe down allegations said in private for fear of the FIA digging into it and ending up stripping points off the team.

To me, Nico clearly carried too much speed into the corner, there was no-way he was going to be able to execute a clean move and he knew it. Instead of doing the mature & safe thing, like Vettel (or any other driver on the grid would have done, bar maybe Pastor) at the previous corner and run wide or off track because of a mistake he just made, he turned into Lewis. To me it was entirely Nicos fault, he was ripping that LH goosed him off the start line. Completely understandable but not excusable especially at this level.
Now, theres no way that Nico would know that he would have given Hamilton a puncture, but faced with breaking a wing vs getting a flat tyre, I'd take a broken wing every time. He probably knew that if he broke the wing and didn't give Hamilton a flat tyre, he could pit early, change the wing and still end up fighting his way to 2nd along with giving himself an excuse as to why he was beaten by Lewis.

It sucks when fans boo, thats very humiliating and shameful for the driver but if you deserve it because of poor sportsmanship then the driver needs to suck it up. Its not team or even driver specific, its purely based on the spectacle. Clearly the majority felt that there was something wrong with the performance Nico displayed. Eddie Jordan heckling the crowd, telling the fans that they are wrong etc was really unacceptable imo, he should've just got on with it and not stand up there holding a mic offending peoples opinion. Let the drivers take it on the chin.

I think Mercedes are right to let their drivers race and fight it out, but when they collide and cause points to be lost, the team will intervene....I think there will be some changes in the works now. If Lewis wins this years WDC, it will be thoroughly well deserved.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still a one-horse race, just a different horse.

The shennanigans in the Merc team are entertaining though, in a soap opera kind of way :grinning: Good thing they are so far ahead of everyone else, because the "leadership" in that team is a bit, shall we say, unorthodox, lol.

Nothing to do with racing, for that BTCC still rules, but entertaining anyway :grinning:

stevyg

RMS Regular
A little pic to brighten any F1 fans day.
4925333867_aef4edd989_b.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Astonishing the FIA has not got involved with their own investigation. Regardless whether Rosberg deliberately caused the crash, or whether he was "just" deliberately not avoiding a crash (which seems to be the official line now), either way he caused an accident on the race track. And it is all pretty public too...

Lewis now has to finish ahead of Nico in four of the last seven races, just to catch up. And if Nico finishes ahead in just one race, even if Lewis gets second, then Lewis still has to finish ahead in at least two additional races. On top of the four. Just to draw level.

It means Lewis cannot slip up at all in the last seven races. No mechanical failures. Not the slightest bad luck. Everything has to be perfect. All the stars line up.

That is a pretty tall order. And it is all because of the additional 18 points Nico got in Spa.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Think the whole thing is going to end in tears, very talented you man but I personally think it is just too young to enter an F1 arena, both for himself and his other competitors

Storm

Banned
Interview on Radio 5 tonight at 9pm featuring Toto Wolff

Heard a snippet of the interview on the news there and he's indicating one of his drivers may have to leave the team before the seasons out due to them not being able to get along.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
One of them has to go for next season, for sure. Cannot imagine any changes before the season is over, unless all manufacturer points were already in the bag. Too much money at stake.

Also cannot imagine them letting go of Lewis.

Hard to see where Nico would go to... Cannot see him alongside Ricciardo at RB, it would just be this season all over again. Except RB would never stand for it.

Maybe as lead driver at McL in the new Honda car... But I think they are aiming higher, for Alonso or Vettel or something like that. And cannot see Nico as number 2 there either...

It would be very interesting to know what the penalty was that Merc handed out to him after Spa... Guess we will never know...

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Alonso or Vettel will not go to Mc L
Possible for Nico to go there, tho I do hope its Lewis who looses his seat lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.