F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
felt sorry for Lewis, for being professionals a 2nd lap incident like it was from Nico was totally avoidable. I wonder if it is true about Nico saying in the debrief it was on purpose..

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sorry, but why is it called a second lap incident? It happened on the first lap, straight after the start. Does the warm-up lap count as an "official" lap or something? 8-|

felt sorry for Lewis, for being professionals a 2nd lap incident like it was from Nico was totally avoidable. I wonder if it is true about Nico saying in the debrief it was on purpose..

Mercedes have confirmed it is true.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Sorry i thought it was the 2nd lap! i watched the race so my error there ha! it was early when i wrote the post okay........... so calm down hahah. Will expect a punishment for Ros, what penalty he will be given will be interesting..

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It was just after the start was it not? Lewis and Vettel got past Nico into the first hairpin, Nico got back on Vettel, and then drafted Lewis and tried to pass on the outside at the end of the long straight after Eau Rouge?

I know it says lap two everywhere, hence why I am confused :grinning:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
It was just after the start was it not? Lewis and Vettel got past Nico into the first hairpin, Nico got back on Vettel, and then drafted Lewis and tried to pass on the outside at the end of the long straight after Eau Rouge?

I know it says lap two everywhere, hence why I am confused :grinning:

Was lap 2, vettel had tried to pass Hamilton in the same place on lap 1.

Rosberg past vettel on the first lap as vettel ran wide at the chicane when trying to pass Hamilton and then rosberg drafted Hamilton on the straight after eat rouge on the 2nd lap

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
If Hamilton had of toke his time a cruised back to the pits surely he wouldn't have done half as much damage.
He fly back to the pit as hard as he could and wrecked the underfloor of the car.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
After seeing the replay of Rosberg steering I don't agree it is a racing incident at all, purely jumping a gap that wasn't there and steering into him. And Lewis did crawl back to the pits, not race but sadly underneath was destroyed anyway. I enjoy motorsport itself and don't have favourite drivers and always can remain neutral when people talk about drivers, but all this Vettel and Hamilton hate is just childish, and reminds me of football fan talk. Rosberg was a **** here and got booed for a reason even by people who don't like Lewis, just showed!

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Not a racing incident at all, even Martin Brundle said you could distinctly see Rosberg turn away then into Hamilton. Theres a 90% if you hit the tyre with a wing itl blow so that risk Rosberg took paid of. No news of a punishment yet and i reckon if they opt for team orders the only person whos gonna get punished is LH. (n)

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Not a racing incident at all, even Martin Brundle said you could distinctly see Rosberg turn away then into Hamilton. Theres a 90% if you hit the tyre with a wing itl blow so that risk Rosberg took paid of. No news of a punishment yet and i reckon if they opt for team orders the only person whos gonna get punished is LH. (n)

Only one small section of the Pirelli tyre has a 90% risk of puncture if hit (around an inch of the sidewall section).

Anywhere else on the tyre and you'll prob not have a puncture.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
It was a racing incident.

Hamilton took the line, Nico fully came off the throttle to give him the apex and squirted the throttle to get under his wing again. I think he slightly misjudged it and hit him. To even suggest it was deliberate is madness, it was completely his fault though.

I also get his point about Nico asserting his dominance on the track....he has been avoiding hamolton's brakes locked up dives up the inside for the whole start of the season.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Carlessness none the less. Look at Vetel first corner, he realised he had no where to go and took the run off opposed to Rosberg who didnt..

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I'm not sure that you understand the term 'racing incident'.

What do you consider a racing incident then? A slight misjudgement while wheel to wheel at 120mph causing 2 cars to touch but both to stay on line is considered a racing incident in my book.

i.e. Not a deliberately causing the incident or a massive error or a car failure causing an actual accident.

People are forgetting here, he didn't plough up the inside of him and both of them end up upside down in the gravel, Senna style. His front wing brushed Hamilton's tyre and Hamilton was unlucky and picked up a puncture.

Last edited:

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Except for one tiiiiiny little detail.

Rosberg himself confirmed he did it on purpose.

The Mercedes team bosses back up this version.

He should be penalised, and stripped of points.

Rosberg quote from the bbc website, doesn't sound like he's admitting liability, I think you are getting caught up in that initial headline

Rosberg said: "I've been told what Lewis said in the press and how he stated his version of events. All I can say is that my version of events is very different.

"It is better now that I don't give all the details of my opinion. I hope you respect that. I prefer to keep things internally.

"We had a very good and important discussion after the race. When such things occur we must sit down and review them and that is what we did.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.