2014 Renaultsport Megane 265 Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Wow! Pete has done a great job, giving me ideas for my own now!

Need a spin in this next time im down man!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Had a wee look round it on Saturday at Castlewellan! Gorgeous looking car mate! Sits really nice on the coilovers.

Only thing I'd do now is spacers to get the wheels to sit flush and that would be it perfect in my opinion! :laughing:

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
This car is totally stunning looking (y)

What's your thoughts on Gtechniq CS? It really has me thinking about getting it done on my car.

Thanks bud. If you're considering getting any kind of paintwork enhancement and hydrophobic protection then I would 100% vouch for Crysral Serum. I was only initially booked in for an enhancement detail but had a chat with @big_pete and done some online research and decided I would be best going the bit extra as I do plan on keeping the car for a long time. Definitely worth the extra!

Wow! Pete has done a great job, giving me ideas for my own now!

Need a spin in this next time im down man!

Cheers man, goes well now. Felt even quicker on Saturday when it was all cleaned up lol.

Had a wee look round it on Saturday at Castlewellan! Gorgeous looking car mate! Sits really nice on the coilovers.

Only thing I'd do now is spacers to get the wheels to sit flush and that would be it perfect in my opinion! :laughing:

Thanks mate :grinning:. Well chuffed with it now! What car where you in? Spacers are on the list, want to get the driveshaft spacers fitted first though before I knacker one of the shafts!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Quick update.

So having booked to take the car to the 'Ring and the Renaultsport track day at Spa in September I thought I would make a couple of purchases to improve stopping power. I'm already running Yokohama AD08r tyres all round so these won't need changing.

I'm waiting the J hook discs coming from Godspeed along with having the bells refurbished. I've opted for DS2500 pads. I was torn between these and Carbon Lorraine, but the CL pads give off an awful squeal. While changing the brakes I'll have the driveshaft spacers fitted also.

Really considering Trackskills next month just to get me in the mood for the Ring and Spa - we will see in due course :grinning:.

Also had the car on the rollers up at G Sport. Just wanted a 'second opinion' as far as figures go :grinning:.

image.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
V nice, i was looking at the choice of new discs and pads, but since I'll not be doing any track days, going to be getting a wee retrim of the seats and steering wheel to freshen it up a bit.

I've thought about giving trackskills a go, I'll see how much is left on the pads when in in for my servicing!

Fordo90

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 230
youll need to bring a set of pads when you go to on the trip as @MiniMad can vouch for when he has been to the ring a few times in the megane

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
yep definitely bring brake pads, as I used a set of fronts the last time the megane was over :worried: oh I miss the nurburgring lol

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Haven't done much on the car recently, went to a couple of meets over the last couple of weeks but bar that I haven't been out in the car much. Spent most of my time looking forward to the Spa / Ring trip next month and buying some smaller bits and pieces for the trip.

Some Streamline Carbon genuine carbon fibre bits came in the post though yesterday. The quality is fantastic and looking forward to having them fitted. The front and rear badges are surplus to requirements as they will only fit a 250 and not my 265, so any 250 owners who want to swap the chrome for carbon fibre give me a shout :grinning:

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A rs250 owner? Don't know of too many of them! :p

We're going to have to get some sort of system to make sure we don't start bidding against each other any time megane parts come up, I was having a sneaky wee look at those carbon parts, but thought better off it, as I am on the lookout for some recaros before I retrim mine.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
A rs250 owner? Don't know of too many of them! :p

We're going to have to get some sort of system to make sure we don't start bidding against each other any time megane parts come up, I was having a sneaky wee look at those carbon parts, but thought better off it, as I am on the lookout for some recaros before I retrim mine.

Haha no they are few and far between lol.

I had been after carbon mirror caps for a while but when the set came up at around the price of just the mirror caps I had to have them lol. I should really stop buying things though....

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Can anyone recommend me somewhere to have the carbon bits fitted? So far I've contacted a few people, some won't touch the job and others haven't bothered getting back to me.

I didn't think it would be a difficult job, some are direct replacement and some bond over the existing parts?

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
So had my trip away to Europe in the Megane, back just over a week and what a great trip it was. Covered around 1,800 miles, had 3 laps of the Ring along with 6 x 20 minute sessions of Spa thrown in for good measure!

The Ring is crazier than I remember, we where there on a busy TF Sunday and it was crazy busy. Track was closed on and off pretty much all day. I remember 5 closures throughout the day while we where there.

Spa was phenomenal though. It has been a track which has been on my bucket list for years. It's my favourite F1 track and ever since I seen a V12 and 2 x V8 Ferrari F1 cars going through Eau Rouge at a Ferrari owners day I happened to stumble across I always knew I wanted to drive there (in a four cylinder Renault lol). The track is epic. Eau Rouge and Blanchimont are fantastic.

I must say Renaultsport ran the day so well, all sessions squeezed in (despite a fella I met up with having to be air lifted to hospital for blacking out while driving). I will definitely be back and would love to do an open pit lane there.

The car itself on track is a weapon. I probably peddled around at about 70% of the cars ability. It has so much more to offer!

Some further photos will follow from the Renaultsport day but for now I only have one Ring photo and some photos I took between sessions at Spa;

IMG_3727.jpg

RS01;
IMG_3656.JPG
IMG_3657.JPG

RS16;
IMG_3658.JPG
IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG

gsmith

RMS Regular
Streamline carbon stuff is fantastic quality. Have used Chris many times for my own cars. I've fitted all there stuff myself if you need someone to put them on give me a shout if you haven't got it sorted already. (y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Fantastic mate!

Just a pity you had to fit the legal plates for that pic :p

I know! Need it photoshopped out lol.

Streamline carbon stuff is fantastic quality. Have used Chris many times for my own cars. I've fitted all there stuff myself if you need someone to put them on give me a shout if you haven't got it sorted already. (y)

It's still not fitted fella! Let me know when / how much :grinning:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Glad you enjoyed yourself and made it back in one piece, and got some epic photos to remember it!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Finally some on track photos from the Renaultsport day at Spa. The car just felt great all day at Spa, the track itself is just fantastic and lived up and surpassed all my expectations.

I'll hopefully be back next year, an open pit lane would be ideal but it's also nice going to an enthusiast day like the Renault day as you are pitched in with people of driving capabilities and cars of similar performance. I know we don't have many Renault fans here in NI but I would recommend it to any RS owner!

Some photos for now, there are well over 500 to sift through so may be more to come :grinning:

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That is excellent, and the car looks superb too!! I bet that was a surreal experience going round the track that million pound F1 cars go round.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
That is excellent, and the car looks superb too!! I bet that was a surreal experience going round the track that million pound F1 cars go round.

Cheers bud, really liking your new addition too! I'm sure it's a beast!

Spa really was awesome. Such a fantastic track and the likes of Eau Rouge, Blanchimont, Pouhon etc makes it a really special place to drive!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Would you be up for fitting the carbon bits fella?

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
@Eddie_ those bits should be easy to fit.

On my white meg I fitted black badges and black wing mirror covers. I could do then next time I'm in (which will no doubt be soon :sob:) if you still need help.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.