2014 Renaultsport Megane 265 Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Nigelo Pop some photos up and let me know how it feels with the springs fitted. I'll have to keep an eye on how to wheels hold up over the next while, they are grand at the minute though! The wheels on the Trophy R look great, just so simple but love the look.

In other news, I've done so much googling this week with regards to remapping, exhaust, induction kit etc! Must resist lol.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Will do, would've had the springs in by now but reckon it might be pricey due to awkward front strut stuff!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Will do, would've had the springs in by now but reckon it might be pricey due to awkward front strut stuff!
I might get a wee spin in @Nigelo 's on Saturday....... if we get the ice fitted!! These cars really impressed me at the 'ring hard and flat round corners passing a lot of esoteric automobilia.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I might get a wee spin in @Nigelo 's on Saturday....... if we get the ice fitted!! These cars really impressed me at the 'ring hard and flat round corners passing a lot of esoteric automobilia.

Ohhh ice? What is getting fitted? I'll be honest I haven't even given the car a good spirited drive as yet with work etc but I'm hoping to get a run up to Ramore on Saturday and see how I get on :grinning:.

Looks fantastic, health to drive, still can't believe you let the clio go. (y)

Cheers @Jordy! I loved the Clio but it was time for a change, i would have had both if I could have lol.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ohhh ice? What is getting fitted? I'll be honest I haven't even given the car a good spirited drive as yet with work etc but I'm hoping to get a run up to Ramore on Saturday and see how I get on :grinning:.

Cheers @Jordy! I loved the Clio but it was time for a change, i would have had both if I could have lol.

We're keeping the head unit that is already in place and putting on an audio control lc21 speaker to line level converter with 2 x Hertz Amplifiers and Pioneer Door speakers - can't remember what the subwoofer is - maybe JL??

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I keep looking at these in the classifieds. I really appreciate what Renault does with them, probably one of the best handling hatches out there for the money. I'd have to have the Recaro seats however, they look awesome.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Just a quick photo to show off the red/black blade a bit better, also the cherish transfer came through too. Really pleased with the car and how it sits. I won't be in a rush to change anything exterior wise and I think the only mods I'll make over the next while will be a RS Tuning remap along with an exhuast. I'm still undecided on the exhaust I'll go for but YouTube will help me decide :p

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Had a little run with a few friends and RS owners on Sunday. Mixture of good and bad weather but plenty of spirited driving and some gokd craic made for an enjoyable day! @Sonny and @JamieG95 took some cracking photos, two very talented and patient guys! Here's a few of my favourites from the day, including my 265, Jamie's 182 and my brothers VXR;

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Starting to get things moving along with modifications.

First off I ordered the Scorpion non resonated cat back system. It was a toss up between Milltek and Scorpion and after driving @StuartS 265 with the Milltek and chatting to @BBSBOY about systems I went with the Scorpion - just to be a bit different lol.

Next up is the FMIC, I'm opting for the Stage 2 (larger) Airtec and once I've ordered this I'm getting it remapped courtesy of RS Tuning in Leeds with the help of good friend @mi16chris.

Power wise I'm hoping to see around 320-330bhp and after that all will stop! At least until the warranty is up and then you never know, a larger turbo with some injectors may be fitted lol....

The car is also booked in with @big_pete for some time in June and having seen the magic worked on the Clio by Pete and the guys I can't wait until the Megane gets its treatment also :grinning:.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Had another nice little parts order today courtesy of @BBSBOY again. I spent long enough procrastinating over the colour combo of intercooler I wanted. I settled on black with red writing. The intercooler is an Airtec stage 2. It will be fitted tomorrow.

I have also got the car booked into RS Tuning in Leeds on the 3rd of June. They mapped the Clio and Paul who owns RS Tuning is the best in the country for mapping the Renaultsport range. Plenty of people travel from all over the UK and also Europe to get to him. I am hoping for some healthy gains with the current modifications, and I am still considering a downpipe and also induction kit, but like everything I will take my time deciding :grinning:.

Quick pic of the intercooler for now;

image.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Got the FMIC on today. It's about 4 times the size of the standard one, I've attached pictures of the two side by side. Really like how it looks and glad I picked the black and red writing combo. Now all I need to do is chat to Paul over at RS Tuning about downpipes and induction kits before mapping in June.

Excuse the rubbish photos but you get the idea :grinning:.

I've also messaged Neil@Rockvale about a smaller plate for the front.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Car is back from having the 3 wheels refurbished, real pleased with the job! Will keep them diamond cut for now but might look at getting them black with a red lip further down the line.

Gonna do some shopping over the weekend for an induction kit and downpipe to have it ready for mapping!

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Car is back from having the 3 wheels refurbished, real pleased with the job! Will keep them diamond cut for now but might look at getting them black with a red lip further down the line.

Gonna do some shopping over the weekend for an induction kit and downpipe to have it ready for mapping!

Wheels are a tough choice on the megane. I thought I hated the diamond cut finish, but it does give nice definition to the spokes. Might Photoshop a pic with a couple of different finishes.

Always for an eye out for some pro race 1.3s though!

You're going all out on the car mods, be great to compare once you get the whole lot done (especially if you go for that little extra you mentioned on RSmegane forum!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Wheels are a tough choice on the megane. I thought I hated the diamond cut finish, but it does give nice definition to the spokes. Might Photoshop a pic with a couple of different finishes.

Always for an eye out for some pro race 1.3s though!

You're going all out on the car mods, be great to compare once you get the whole lot done (especially if you go for that little extra you mentioned on RSmegane forum!

Yeah they really are, think I'll keep them this way for now. I know diamond cut suffers badly through time though so will probably need to change the finish at some stage.

I don't think I'll go down the hybrid route YET. I have came to my senses as I've a lot to do around the house over the next while so will put that on hold. Even so i think once everything else is done it'll be good for 310-320bhp which is more than enough!

Also the AD08r's arrived today so I'm gonna get them on very soon .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.