2014 Renaultsport Megane 265 Cup

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Thanks Dave! I'm guessing the Golf R is yours? I love it :grinning:. Admire it when I'm driving past, how are you enjoying it?
Yes, love it, very fast and still room in the boot for Bailey. Call in so I can have a look at your new car.
Your brothers Corsa looks well.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Few more updates on the way over the next while!

But for now, a couple of weeks back I arranged to go visit this beautiful Trophy R. One of only 250 worldwide and if I'm right one of only 30 in the UK. Really special car with Ohlins suspension, Akrapovic titanium exhaust, roll cage, Recaro buckets and harnesses. This one has been mapped by the guys at RS Tuning (who are mapping my car next week) and is sitting around 310bhp.

Few photos courtesy of @JamieG95 ;

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Since my last update I've added a couple of bits to the Megane.

First off I went with a new downpipe. I had a chat with Paul at RS Tuning and he advised it would be a good thing to add prior to mapping as the standard downpipe is quite restrictive. I can see what he meant;

Old;
image.jpeg

New;
image.jpeg

Thank to @BBSBOY again for supplying. I must also say I am very impressed with the Scorpion product. Both the exhaust and downpipe have been top quality and at a very reasonable price point!

Next up I had a brake service carried out, the Brembos are very prone to seizing so I had them stripped and cleaned then built up. Difference is night and day but I have ordered some 340mm Godspeed two piece front bells / discs so I'll be putting them on soon and possibly pairing them with come CL pads.

Godspeed 340mm kit;

image.jpeg

Last but not least I took the journey across to RS Tuning on Friday for the remap. Such a long day but definitely worth the journey. Paul wasn't too happy with our poor quality 97ron here and he felt it probably held some gains back but we still managed some healthy figures and I'm really pleased with how to car pulls now.

image.jpeg

That is me finished with engine tuning, next up
I'm still considering the Bilstein B14 coilovers kit but some saving may be required lol!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
What sort of figure did you end up with ?

308bhp and 330lb/ft. The dyno at RS Tuning can be notoriously difficult to make numbers on, for example the discrepancy between my 197 on RS Tuning and ECC rollers was almost 10bhp. Regardless of that though I'm very pleased with these numbers!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
If your maps like mine, it didn't make the car have a really boosty midrange, but just tilted the bhp line (not really a curve with the megane, more like an MOT steam cleaning ramp) up the way.

Gives it some rush to the redline!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Haha, at this rate there'll be more new bits than old by the end of June!

Lol! I bought a used KTec induction kit but seen these and had to have them so the induction kit is being sold. I haven't changed too much to be fair lol! FMIC, turbo back exhaust and now these, that's not excessive is it lol..

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Coilovers should be going in this week, prior to @big_pete and the guys working their magic.

Question is, how low do we go? I don't want to slam the car, thinking of a 40mm or so drop!?

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Coilovers should be going in this week, prior to @big_pete and the guys working their magic.

Question is, how low do we go? I don't want to slam the car, thinking of a 40mm or so drop!?

I went for the H&R springs as you know, and they are meant to be 35mm lower than on the standard suspension, whereas cup are already a bit lower. Just err a little on the side of caution as lowering too much eats driveshafts (according to forum wisdom)

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I went for the H&R springs as you know, and they are meant to be 35mm lower than on the standard suspension, whereas cup are already a bit lower. Just err a little on the side of caution as lowering too much eats driveshafts (according to forum wisdom)

Yeah I've read quite a bit about the possible driveshaft problems! Thinking of 40mm or so. Will probably fit them and play about for a while until they sit right. Yours sits well with the H&R and spacers!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Yeah I've read quite a bit about the possible driveshaft problems! Thinking of 40mm or so. Will probably fit them and play about for a while until they sit right. Yours sits well with the H&R and spacers!

And yours will be awesome driving with the B14s!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Not the best photos but more to come! Bilstein B14's fitted. Comfort is not compromised at all, much the same as the cup set up. Haven't had a fair chance to test handling etc but very impressed so far.

I have driveshaft spacers on their way as they have a habit of destroying the shafts without the spacers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
You're a lucky git having Renault's service dept at your doorstep! Or that could be a dangerous thing? :p

edit: also, that looks spot on!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I can think of another person who lives near you who will buying them very soon I'd say after seeing that.

Looks great man

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
You're a lucky git having Renault's service dept at your doorstep! Or that could be a dangerous thing? :p

edit: also, that looks spot on!

Lol it really is dangerous. Too easy to have things fitted etc! I think I'll lower the back a bit more, not too much just maybe 5mm or so!

I can think of another person who lives near you who will buying them very soon I'd say after seeing that.

Looks great man

Haha possibly! I know he was against the idea of springs after the Clio but honestly the comfort with the coilovers isn't compromised it rides just like stock so he may be tempted lol.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Got the car back from PMG yesterday and I'm over the moon with how it turned out. Looks fresher than the day it left the factory now, very very slick finish!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Headed along to GTINI show at Castlewellan yesterday morning also. Great show, nice atmosphere, high standard of cars, decent weather and tasty burgers!

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
This car is totally stunning looking (y)

What's your thoughts on Gtechniq CS? It really has me thinking about getting it done on my car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.