1988 Porsche 924S - project break it for cash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Should call you mike pablo brewer, or I suppose ed pablo china is more fitting, its like an episode of wheeler dealers. Good luck with it, looked well at the rally (y)

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
With a bit of bondo, sandpaper and a rattle can, you give Ed China a run for his money!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Currently debating what to do with the rear bumper. The one I have is scrap so either get a replacement std item or a new fibreglass one. The std one would be a perfect fit etc but I dont like the moulding strip on it. The fibreglass one comes without the strip but quality will be a concern.

Aftermarket one:

!Bm!!+jgCGk~$(KGrHqIOKjwEtEPqd5-hBLeBV47RVQ~~_12.JPG

oem one:

I could get an oem one and smooth out the holes for the bump strip of course. But its a case of the path of least resistance (and cost)

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
If your putting moulding strips on the side standard bumper for me. The fibreglass one looks good but the arches add to it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
hmmm will put this one on ice I think. Bigger fish to fry over the coming weeks. Car is going up to the inlaws yard for a while and the following happening:

- rear axle out for polybushing and lowering
- rear trailing arms polybushed
- new rear shocks fitted (currently debating oem shocks + lowering springs, or GAZ coilovers).
- fuel tank out for inspection and repair if required. Replace hoses if any are looking dodgy. Common problem area on these.
- gearbox out (required to drop tank). Shift mechanism will be lubed properly (not just dosed in spray grease from underneath like last time).
- underside of boot floor and arches etc will be POR-15ed. Not seen anything as good as this stuff before.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
few things done this week. Replaced the bonnet struts so now I can have the bonnet open without propping it up with a jack handle (y)

Also replaced the crappy porsche steering wheel with a momo item. Waiting on a horn push for it hence the hole.

And lastly fitted a "racing chip" for a bit more oomph. Fitted it tonight and in fairness it defo feels sharper! Every little helps when you only have 160bhp. Ill pick up an induction kit for it over winter and likely get a stainless exhaust made in the new year sometime. Just pipe it from the manifold down to a single backbox.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
remaps now as well Pabs ! Is there anything you can't turn your hand too :p

Have you an end game for this as to how you would like it to look?

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Class. Another vote here for the arches! Finding a white 944 front shouldn't be too expensive!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.