1988 Porsche 924S - project break it for cash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
the 17s are a 9" rear which I fear is too wide for a 924. Youd get away with it on a 944 with the flared arches.

Dont worry boydie - all in hand ;)

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
few things done this week. Replaced the bonnet struts so now I can have the bonnet open without propping it up with a jack handle (y)

Also replaced the crappy porsche steering wheel with a momo item. Waiting on a horn push for it hence the hole.

And lastly fitted a "racing chip" for a bit more oomph. Fitted it tonight and in fairness it defo feels sharper! Every little helps when you only have 160bhp. Ill pick up an induction kit for it over winter and likely get a stainless exhaust made in the new year sometime. Just pipe it from the manifold down to a single backbox.

Is this chip in hope of keeping up with a 1.5 Mazda pabs ? Lol :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
put a side sticker on, would have better if it was straight :worried:

not sure Im 100% on them Im a bit pissed the PORSCHE bit doesnt fit on the door without running onto the rear 1/4. will leave it on and have a think about it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I like the decal idea pablo but don't think it suits. I'd be the same about the P not fitting within the door. What's the OEM look like on these?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
these ones look a lot neater

$_12.JPG

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I kinda like this as well but it totally kills any period theme. But that might already be shot with the boxster rims anyway

flagdecal.png

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Really pleased to see you doing this - I love seeing an old classic like this being put right. I hated the idea of scrapping the cars after rusty nuts!

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
what happened to the patrol wagon?

AH the patrol wagon is a daily driver at the minute. Had to put in some elbow grease in to finally make the word "pussay" disappear from the doors before I could take it to work ;)
I've a wee bit more to do to clear up some minor niggles - I need to clean out the idle control valve, refurb the solenoid box and do something with the terrible brakes (Impreza calipers on the front I think). I'm actually considering letting the GT-Four go in the near future and hanging on to this GTB as a workhorse. I will of course replace the celica with something comparable at a later date :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
bit of work yesterday - painted the front left and both rear arches due to surface rust. also finished the rear after I got the rear lights out. I was cursing some t**t for bonding them in then realised thats normal lol. So apologies whoever you are :grinning: Thanks to @Woodcutter for the paint, it goes on real nice for an aerosol.

Never idea doing this outside but got there in the end. Still have to flatten the paint and hope it blends ok with the original paint but sure will see how that goes :grinning:

Then the rain started so had to fashion some tents asap!!

rear prepped

done

And tucked away

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Today should hopefully see the rear axle and gearbox out. Have read so many guides my head is about to burst.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Good work so far Pablo! Must call up to PG1 some evening when you're working on it.

I still prefer the OE wheels though I have to say :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.