1988 Porsche 924S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Anything you both drink?

I doubt either of you drink Stella btw.

928.jpg

928.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
its up at mine now for a while so should get some oily bits fixed.

needs:

front wheel bearing
speedo cable
gear linkage is very stiff side to side so 1/2/5/R are hard to get
some electrics tidied up
oil and filter change
box oil change
plugs if they are goosed
some new plates
fix drain holes in scuttle panel. battery currently in an inch of water

luckily I know a man for cheap car parts :p

richie_mck

RMS Regular
This is turning very quickly from a banger rally in to a distinguished country jaunt with all the fixing. Our first banger rally was done with no indicators, exhaust or working drivers door, and we were slightly further away than omagh :p

Mark_C

RMS Regular
its up at mine now for a while so should get some oily bits fixed.

needs:

front wheel bearing
speedo cable
gear linkage is very stiff side to side so 1/2/5/R are hard to get
some electrics tidied up
oil and filter change
box oil change
plugs if they are goosed
some new plates
fix drain holes in scuttle panel. battery currently in an inch of water

luckily I know a man for cheap car parts :p
Have you checked the Speedo cable is attached to the wheel ok? Look under the dust cover. Hopefully it's that wheel bearing you need to do, that would make it handier

pablo

RMS Moderator
drain holes all cleared, I was driving it yesterday and could hear the water sloshing around at the scuttle panel level. then it started coming down over my feet which wasnt too pleasant. So about 10 years of crud removed and the engine bay given a good clean with APC. Ill pop a pic up later.

@Woodcutter also managed to get his hands dirty and change the oil in her. So nice fresh oil and filter now installed.

Speed cable is snapped at the dash end so new cable required. Porsche labelled cable 23quid. VW version with same part number 13quid. (y)

tonight will see the box oil changed. 3L to go in lol. cant wait! And if Ive time Ill sort the radio which was wired by Stevie Wonder.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
This ones a bit different on the sides.

944-race-martini-Larson1.jpg

Or orange

BradCar_850.jpg

Simple Rothmans

1986_Porsche_944_Rothmans-1.jpg

Or light blue respray with orange accents and Gulf stickers.

4912612657_6a1751a4dd_z.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
simpler the better really as it will put back to original after and up for sale most likely.

its put me in the notion for one but think Id go 944 S2/Turbo instead.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I think that Rothmans pic up there is pretty cool and handy removed again etc.. Then again doesnt Woodcutter sell the spray wrap:p

Looks like good cheap fun either way(y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
its time really Keith. to do a whole car would take a while and cost wise its not worth it really when its coming off again after the rally.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Blue Emulsion then.... have it done in 15 mins and will come off after the 1st rain shower :p

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Must have been one of those famous Balmoral certs when the car never even visited the centre ;)
Either that or the dude didn't notice the lack of needle movement as it rolled through the test centre.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.