1988 Porsche 924S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Class, looks like could be a lot of fun to be had in that.

I remember reading the thread on that racer 86 car - SNO 73W - Number plate fell off and he realised that the read MELONS so drove about with it upside down
His KP30 is for sale now, £2500 I think

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
@Woodcutter is she saying youre rubbish at mechanicing or Im rubbish at style?

I'm not sure, but I'm offended anyway! :p

Ha! You never know....let's see whether we can bribe the MOT man first!

I can't picture him getting his hands dirty or grafting, in fact I would be better help and that's saying something:p

:eek:

Graeme - Mel just volunteered to do the waxoyling :grinning: (y)

Definitely, and she's not allowed gloves or anything!

Few pics of her polished up outside a posh persons house. Thread on here with many references to 'Mint', 'FSH', 'best example out of the other 42 you've' seen plus some ridiculous claims about it probably being the best example in the country and you could be onto a winner :p

Much jealous if I'm honest. Always fancied a cheap 924 for messing about with!

You can buy it when we're finished...unless I fall in love with it and decide to restore it as a keeper....(highly unlikely!) 8-|

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You can buy it when we're finished...unless I fall in love with it and decide to restore it as a keeper....(highly unlikely!) 8-|

Let's see what kind of shape it's in by then but def give me a shout.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Graeme - Mel just volunteered to do the waxoyling :grinning: (y)

As it happens I have experience in waxoyling:laughing: and yes it is messy, wrecked a pair of trainers whilst doing one of the Mini's but certainly not frightened of getting my hands dirty(y)

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Few pics of her polished up outside a posh persons house. Thread on here with many references to 'Mint', 'FSH', 'best example out of the other 42 you've' seen plus some ridiculous claims about it probably being the best example in the country and you could be onto a winner :p

Much jealous if I'm honest. Always fancied a cheap 924 for messing about with!

@Jas Lad will be the man to put the advert together for it :p

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
As it happens I have experience in waxoyling:laughing: and yes it is messy, wrecked a pair of trainers whilst doing one of the Mini's but certainly not frightened of getting my hands dirty(y)

be careful @Mel or you will have the "shady lads" on RMS PM'ing you........:party:

images

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
be careful @Mel or you will have the "shady lads" on RMS PM'ing you........:party:

Lets get down and dirty with some waxoyl Mel:p Being serious working on an old car and seeing the finished results is very rewarding, I helped with the restoration of one of my Minis, spent many a night rubbing it down before it went for painting with my Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
hard to beat the satisfaction of personally restoring bit by bit what people initially view as a piece of scrap fit for the breakers back to it's former glory (y)

Reactions: Mel

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
police-911-car4.jpg

Would also be hard to beat the good ole faithful Back to the Future Delorean rep too.

Warning - wearing a costume/outfit for an entire weekend will make you hum worse than a flock of humming birds having a hum-off in the city of Hummington, county Hum. Some boys at the rally were reekin'!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
To be honest we haven't really thought about a livery or anything like that.

Well it appears that the non-starting problem is down to the DME relay, so one has been ordered and will be fitted when it arrives early next week. We think the fuel is so old that it's pretty dead, so the tank is being drained and some fresh fuel fired in.

Sills being welded up early next week and checked over for MOT, we'll then get stuck into tidying the underside of it.

@pablo your Haynes manual has arrived! :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.