1988 Porsche 924S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Warning - wearing a costume/outfit for an entire weekend will make you hum worse than a flock of humming birds having a hum-off in the city of Hummington, county Hum. Some boys at the rally were reekin'!

Best to go dressed like this.

4241_1.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Both sun visors are hanging right down and getting in the way, so I have ordered two replacement clips off eBay to sort that out.

Hope to get the car back before the weekend so we can get stuck into tidying it up!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Had a wee look if there were any 924's featured in pop culture or on Tv that you could model the car our your costumes on. The only thing I could come up with is Lucy Ewing drove one in Dallas, I don't know if Woodcutter would suit a blonde wig

pablo

RMS Moderator
Looking forward to getting a poke round it when I get home. And before Graeme gets his name on the V5 lol.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Fuel drained, fresh fuel added, replacement relay fitted today and it fired into life straight away!

Sounds a little tappety, but I expect that's from sitting up for so long. Let it run for a while and the noise gradually reduced and it sounded much better after 5 minutes or so. Might replace the oil & filter and fire some Lucas Oil Stabilizer in to it.

It's idling a bit higher than at should, so we'll have to look into that a bit more.

Lights, indicators and all the electrics appear to be working fine now that it's running, although the catch to open the boot isn't working. Would it fail MOT on that?

@pablo

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Check the solenoid under the spoiler, it was a bit dicky.

Will get a look at it in the morning, Pabs amd I are getting stuck into it in the morning up at Adrians. We'll be there until lunchtime if you wanna call in for a yarn Jas. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.