New Pressure Washer needed

davyk31

RMS Regular
Had an email today from Ultimate Finish today saying they have a load of Ava washers back in stock.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Anyone who has pre-ordered with me and wants to grab one from another retailer sooner just hit me up and I’ll refund them their pre order amount immediately

And I’ll still send them 2lt of UltraFoam for free

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone who has pre-ordered with me and wants to grab one from another retailer sooner just hit me up and I’ll refund them their pre order amount immediately

I'm happy enough to wait another couple of weeks. Prefer to deal with you (y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

Very kind offer mate and sums up your customer service. But I’d rather wait a few weeks (despite a grumpy wife with a stinky car & patio needing washed lol) and deal with yourself lol.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Ava shipped out my lances, picked up a fixed one as well as the zoom one (in case zoom fails again). It did well arriving undamaged.

IMG_9730.jpeg
IMG_9732.jpeg
IMG_9728.jpeg
IMG_9729.jpeg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Love my Kranzle and thankfully in 5 years I've had one electrical issue which was sorted under warranty and then my capacitor went about a year ago but easily replaced myself.

Once it finally gives up I'll be going for one of the new AVA units (20 year warranty 🤯🤯)

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve had my P80 for 2.5 years now and just blew my first fuse the other day.

I do have an issue with the snow foam cannon leaking when clicked into the lance now. Anyone had this with their Ava washer and A-Kem bottle?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I’ve had my P80 for 2.5 years now and just blew my first fuse the other day.

I do have an issue with the snow foam cannon leaking when clicked into the lance now. Anyone had this with their Ava washer and A-Kem bottle?
I only discovered this week there is a bracket for holding the foam cannon under the handle (y) . My bottle no longer tightens and falls off from the metal part if you touch it at all, but it's the standard bottle that came with it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not sure if youve read the above and are joking !

No was just giving my own example and the likelihood of where I'll go after. Been looking at the P60 evolution didn't realised there had been alot of issues.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Surprised to read some of the issues ☹️

What pressure washer would everyone recommend at present as my uncles looking to upgrade. His duties will be car cleaning and patio cleaning.

He ideally wanted to be able to adjust pressure for fence cleaning

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Kink the hose

Thank me later :joy: :joy:

Genuinely i never spend much on a pressure washer. I only use it to wash the cars and general duties but they always do the job and last for years if looked after. At a low price you can afford to replace it after a few years anyway 🤷‍♂️

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I only discovered this week there is a bracket for holding the foam cannon under the handle (y) . My bottle no longer tightens and falls off from the metal part if you touch it at all, but it's the standard bottle that came with it.
They use a standard 24mm neck so you can fit any manner of bottles which will fit.

If you’re beat I’m sure I have a box of new foam bottles and you can have one on me for free

But here’s the thing which pis*es me off (not specifically you by the way)

The way a few individuals go on about these you’d think someone from AVA came in and took their money off them. Either that or they have an agenda. I’ve never read as much crap in a while but that’s to expected I guess.

I’ve been selling them for a few years and I’m looking at roughly a 1 - 1.5% ‘failure’ rate

Whilst it’s still more than I’d like it is what it is.
They’re a new brand which came in prepared to back themselves and 99% of the time they’ve gotten it more than right.

Are there some issues? Of course, but then again what new companies don’t have an odd teething problem.

I’m annoyed that I’ve got 8 machines in stock which need small items repaired and that I cannot get them repaired as they don’t have the parts available which is more than frustrating

They became a victim of their own success but they are working hard to fix the issues they had in their first couple of years of growth explosion.

But you know what. the usual gurney holes will just keep on gurning no matter what

Anyone who bought from me will know I’ve gone above and beyond at every step and will continue to do so. Maybe buying directly or from another supplier you won’t get the same personal experience or care to try and fix the issues that you get with me but such is life.

Last edited:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
They use a standard 24mm neck so you can fit any manner of bottles which will fit.

If you’re beat I’m sure I have a box of new foam bottles and you can have one on me for free
Appreciate that, useful to know the size, assumed they would all be specific to manufacturer.

The P80 is a great machine, I only realised how good it is when I had to temporarily use an old small B&Q machine last week, and I gave up on that after 10 minutes. But it does have minor issues. It blows the fuse every time I use it unless I turn it on in a specific way. The swinging reel locking mechanism has a little plastic lock, that it broke within six months, and the foam bottle never really fitted the gun tightly and now it won’t tighten at all and falls off. No big deal as it doesn’t affect the delivery of pressurised water.

The lance breaking was more of a problem as I couldn’t use it. I bought two lances this time (fixed and extendable).

I still haven’t heard back from AVA. I guess I expected a response quickly, we are used to getting replies within a day, but 8 days now and still nothing. I have genuine concerns about a more serious issue arising with the machine and how quickly it would be resolved.

colin84

RMS Regular

But here’s the thing which pis*es me off (not specifically you by the way)

The way a few individuals go on about these you’d think someone from AVA came in and took their money off them. Either that or they have an agenda. I’ve never read as much crap in a while but that’s to expected I guess.

I’ve been selling them for a few years and I’m looking at roughly a 1 - 1.5% ‘failure’ rate

Whilst it’s still more than I’d like it is what it is.
They’re a new brand which came in prepared to back themselves and 99% of the time they’ve gotten it more than right.

Are there some issues? Of course, but then again what new companies don’t have an odd teething problem.

I’m annoyed that I’ve got 8 machines in stock which need small items repaired and that I cannot get them repaired as they don’t have the parts available which is more than frustrating

They became a victim of their own success but they are working hard to fix the issues they had in their first couple of years of growth explosion.

But you know what. the usual gurney holes will just keep on gurning no matter what

Anyone who bought from me will know I’ve gone above and beyond at every step and will continue to do so. Maybe buying directly or from another supplier you won’t get the same personal experience or care to try and fix the issues that you get with me but such is life.

What would you suggest they do? Suck it up and say nothing? Throw their £300 - £500 broken AVA in the shed and buy something else?

I appreciate you do all you can, but how can you defend having 8 machines that need fixed and no way to get parts. Same as when you said that people were gurns for complaining about having to keep replacing fuses. Imagine taking your new Karcher back to screwfix and the manager saying "just keep a box of fuses handy and stop complaining".

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What would you suggest they do? Suck it up and say nothing? Throw their £300 - £500 broken AVA in the shed and buy something else?

I appreciate you do all you can, but how can you defend having 8 machines that need fixed and no way to get parts. Same as when you said that people were gurns for complaining about having to keep replacing fuses. Imagine taking your new Karcher back to screwfix and the manager saying "just keep a box of fuses handy and stop complaining".
8 out of 400 ish sold, and 5 of the 8 are simple fixes (in theory)

2 were completely reimbursed and 1 was customer damaged but I was still able to argue a replacement

There’s not “no way to get parts”.

They have been on back order. Is it acceptable? Not really, but my brother in law hasn’t had access to his own car after it got damaged in the floods a couple of months back and JLR cannot get the correct parts.

And what I actually said was people gurning about replacing a fuse when they have been told that because of the high amp load on startup that there’s a simple process of depressing the gun prior to switching on and AVA were the worst in the world for suggesting this and lo and behold other high end manufacturer's like Kranzle recommend the exact same thing.

It’s the same as using water stop valves. If you use them and you damage your machine, we can still fix them but it won’t be done under warranty. They leave very simple instructions that you have to physically remove from the machine prior to use but the amount of people who ignore it is baffling. 99 out of 100 may not experience any issues but the unlucky 1 will, and you can bet they’ll be vocal about the issue.

I’m disappointed in AVA but it’s not like they aren’t trying to sort the situation out.

I understand where you and others are coming from, I really do and it’s incredibly frustrating that the small number of customers who have bought from me are experiencing difficulties. But there are hundreds out there who have had no problems at all.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I spoke to Ross about this very issue at Dubshed. I bought an AVA on recommendation a few years ago. AVA were having a large discount sale and when I mentioned it to Ross he immediately price matched it, and also threw in 5 ltrs of his UltraFoam for the same price.
AVA are a new company who, in my opinion, launched a product they were very confident with, hence the vastly superior warranty offered compared to other brands. This warranty, similar power and performance matched with a good looking machine increased their sales exponentially.
It has been well documented that there have been after sales issues, and that spare parts are not readily available.
I think they have over extended their own growth and are now facing a reputational challenge as a minority of owners have been very vocal about service and warranty issues which is where they positioned their brand.

Have to say that my impression from Ross was that he was equally upset/embarrased/frustrated and had been in constant contact trying to get his customers issues resolved. As a local reseller this must be very difficult and yet to his credit he’s on this thread daily trying to resolve issues.

I’ve blown up countless Karchers with water “pulsing” issues over the years and as such have a load of Karchers spares, the AVA using Karcher fighting tings was therefore a big consideration for me buying one! Never owned a Nilfisk or Kranzle but have read poor reviews on both especially the lower price Nilfisk entry level stuff.

It’s an AVA issue which I hope they as a brand are working hard to resolve. But think personally that Ross couldnt be doing more for his customers…

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Surprised to read some of the issues ☹️

What pressure washer would everyone recommend at present as my uncles looking to upgrade. His duties will be car cleaning and patio cleaning.

I've a Nilfisk E150.2 for probably the last 6 years at least and as you know gets used constantly and never missed a beat bar having to change the hose a few times due to wear from being trailed across the tarmac

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There was a lot of publicity about how incredible these machines were which meant a lot of us (me included) bought one. So there's a high proportion of AVA owners on here. Naturally, not many long term owners go online to say how good something is but are more likely to ask about faults / experiences of others as time goes on.

For balance, mine has been fine, though I'm not keen on the nozzle adjustment and don't feel it's any better than the Nilfisk it replaced.

My 20 year old Karcher is also still trucking, as is my 11 year old Nilfisk but I would tend to look after things a lot better than others.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
The fixed lance is a good investment for anyone with an AVA machine. It's lighter than the extendable one, and is approx the same length (about 2-3cm shorter) as the zoom lance when completely retracted.

Called an extension lance, good value at £25.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Does anyone know if it's possible to run a powerwasher off a petrol generator? I've an area of kerbing to clean that is a bit away from the electric supply (but has water). I have an old Honda petrol generator that has a 240v outlet on it. If not suitable I'll fit an outside socket instead. Not sure what output the generator has.