So it's been confirmed no more tax disc from oct 2014 we up date page 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They should not be able to refuse to tax the car for that reason.

All you need is a certificate with a valid date...even 1 day is still legal as far as they go.

Bitch slap her and tell her to do it.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
How long is left on your MOT or insurance is completely irrelevant, if the car is MOT'd and insured, you can tax it. The PO worker (read: ****er) is wrong to have denied you your tax and you should go straight back at your earliest convenience and get it done :grinning:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I had this before , MOT was on the Saturday and I went to renew Tax on Friday. They wouldn't do it. Probably to stop people just taxing and not bothering with MOT

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Still happened though !

slap.jpg

Although searching images for Bitch Slap...brings up some weird stuff ! lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It'll be that long by the time they send another out surely?

Well recent Yahoo news reports say the DVLA has run out of discs and were telling people to print their own...

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for cops to nail people in the coming 30 days or so !! It'll still be an offence of failure to display until October I'd imagine.

Bound to be some useless waster of a cop who sees it as an opportunity to dish out a few tickets.

J_Mc_G

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza STi / ZX
I just renewed 2 cars and a bike. Is there going to be a fine for displaying the tax disc after October? ;)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Got mine today, arrived in the post from Swansea, possibly one of the last people to receive one then :grinning:

Should frame it and flog it on ebay, people will start collecting these :p

So, does this mean that from October we can all bin the tax discs? Amen to that if this is the case (y)

Is it still technically illegal to not display the stupid MoT disc? Never bothered myself, and nobody has ever said anything about it, but I think it is still technically illegal not to display it in NI, right?

P.S.
Taxing through Swansea was the easiest, simplest process imaginable. At least compared to spending half a day at the DVA office in Belfast! Type in a number, pay any which way you like, job done (y)

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Ordered a tax disc start of the month and email stated that disc only needs to be displayed for a few weeks ... Annoying that the stupid mot disc has to stay ... As an mot is only good fir the day it was tested

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Personally I have never displayed an MoT disc, and nobody has had anything to say about it. Not once. Nobody.

The most stupid law ever, brought in on the back of some eedjit with nothing better to do, and not a single person above them having the sense to simply say "no, that is stupid"...

At least the tax disc is gone - the shape of the Lotus windscreen means the stupid disc holder is forever falling off, so the disc ends up lying in the passenger footwell anyway :innocent:

Ant

RMS Regular
taxed mine on saturday, do i need to display the thing or what? cba unscrewing the thing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same here :grinning:

Seems like legally we have to display it until the end of September. My new one is still in the envelope it came in...

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Up to 1999 I don't think I ever had tax :p. As long as I get my letter through the post I will just pay at the post office.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What happens in ROI at the mo? I'm guessing they're not too bothered about untaxed UK cars on their roads?

Bit more of a loophole now with no disc on show so something that's been SORN'd for years could be driven away down there and they wouldn't have a clue.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
What happens in ROI at the mo? I'm guessing they're not too bothered about untaxed UK cars on their roads?

Bit more of a loophole now with no disc on show so something that's been SORN'd for years could be driven away down there and they wouldn't have a clue.

That is a great idea... :grinning: My Rallye is still on its Southern Reg, never got round to changing it back over yet, but I could bang the old UK R reg back on and motor away... :grinning: Only in the ROI though. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.