Toyota Soarer 4.0 V8 Now with video pg4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Got the lexus wheels refurbed at Nu Luk and fitted the after market height controller for the air suspension. Paintwork is the only thing letting the car down now. Should be back on the road soon.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Well took a step closer to getting the soarer back on the road, took it for its MoT on Monday night, passed with no advisories not bad for a 20 year old car.

Also got some decals for the calipers. Just waiting on the Injen intake to arrive from the US and then I'll have a nice V8 induction noise as well.

With the current weather was tempted just to tax it today and enjoy it but @gav525 bullied me into waiting until April so his is back on the road as well.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Is it manual yet?!

No and to be honest I don't think I will convert it, I actually enjoy the auto box and with it having a factory fitted LSD, unlike @gav525 's :p , I can still " accidentally lose control " and end up sideways now and again.

I've got a few plans, but as ever money and wife slows them down, well wife more than anything.

And if my wife asks, a refurb at Nuluk wheels only costs £150....;)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I may not have an LSD, but its nothing half an hour with the welder won't sort out until I do a manual conversion and fit a proper LSD :p

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
image.jpg
Nice wee surprise at the backdoor when I got home from work, photo bombed buy the pup as well.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Couldn't wait any longer with this dry weather, retaxed and road legal. Will probably chuck it down for the rest of March now.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
She looks the part with them wheels :grinning: and they the same colour as mine lol must get a picture of the two cars together :p

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
love this, good work so far and now has a lovely note off it now in those vids - would love one of these or a supra next :grinning:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Not updated for a while but thought id try my hand at respraying some scuffs on the front bumper...... Didn't go well, so after 2 grumpy hours I got the front bumper off to sand it all back, prime and paint again. If I feck it up this time I'll just pay someone to do it, I wanted to try bodywork for the first time in my 32 youthful years.

And finally refitted, 2 days work no a professional finish think it will need properly machine polished, but will do for now.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Certianly looking tidy! Will have to get a nosy round this in the flesh at some point!
I never knew these came from the factory with air ride, how low can they go with the manual control? any pics?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Certianly looking tidy! Will have to get a nosy round this in the flesh at some point!
I never knew these came from the factory with air ride, how low can they go with the manual control? any pics?

This has an after market height controller fitted so can go 4x4 high and quite low, lower than the standard controller anyway @gav525 has a better controller and can drop his into super low mode.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Class! would be nice to have for parking up and looking mean! I believe the bags burst if you drive these about low though which isn't great haha

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Class! would be nice to have for parking up and looking mean! I believe the bags burst if you drive these about low though which isn't great haha

My system is leaking from somewhere so will renew all the o-rings in it, but that's a slow time hateful winter job!! Works fine just now but drops the air if left for a few days. If they feck up will be getting coil overs.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Haha yeah coilovers are probably the cost effective way forward but not as much fun as having bags! Might improve the handling though, stop you 'losing control' so much at roundabouts and the like

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.